View RSS Feed

The Fifth Course

Studio Log: More Than a Little Guitar, ch. 4

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
You did not miss chapter 3, and neither is the title a typo. I decided writing about paperwork was a kind of a meta-hell in which only the most self absorbed self abusers are punished. Lacking an appetite for self-harm, I'm skipping on to chapter 4.

[If you're really interested in UK registration of recordings and albums drop me line and we can talk. It is an involved process.]

The mastering is complete! I got something called a PQ sheet from the mastering engineer as well as the mastered wav files.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PQSheetMoreThanaLittle Guitar.jpg 
Views:	3337 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	107015

I copied them into iTunes and burned a CD before driving around town for an hour running errands. Beyond all reason, I actually enjoyed listening to my CD. Oh sure, I can hear every detail that I would change if I had unlimited funds and unlimited time. (I'll never be as anal as guitarist Eric Johnson, but now I fully comprehend the impulse/complusion.)

I am actually happy with the overall effort. Yes, I'll do better next time. But that's what next times are for!

Still on target for a 24 November 2013 release date.

Time to poke the graphic artist and see how far he's gotten.

Daniel

Submit "Studio Log: More Than a Little Guitar, ch. 4" to Facebook Submit "Studio Log: More Than a Little Guitar, ch. 4" to Yahoo Submit "Studio Log: More Than a Little Guitar, ch. 4" to Google

Tags: mastering
Categories
Recording Sessions

Comments

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing the songs and instrumentals.
    Thanks Tom!
    I enjoyed your blogs tremendously...congratulates on the completion of your cd.
    Thank you Lorraine.
    The recording is done, but not the CD. Got lots left to do. Off to poke the graphic artist now!

Daniel