View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #132 w/ Special Guest Jacob Means

Rate this Entry
Boston-based mandolinist Jacob Means shares an imaginative original tune on his amazing 1994 Gibson F5-L Master Model.

v=NgOrGDYQ5m0

Jacob has been a fixture in the Boston acoustic music scene for quite some time. He received a Masters of Music in Contemporary Improvisation at the New England Conservatory, and has collaborated with some of the most heavy-weight improvisers around. His versatile and expressive playing allows Jacob to weave in and out of different styles. Currently, Jacob plays with the progressive improvisatory folk trio The By & By. Check out their album here: https://www.jacobmeansmusic.com/music

Here Jacob gives the scoop about this tune, his mando, and gear, "The tune is called Bright House and it was composed when I first moved to Boston from Wyoming in 2012. I was living in a wonderful house full of inspiring musicians in Brighton and the first part of the tune came to me a few days after moving in. Then, after an auspicious late night jam, the second part quickly fell in place!

I'm playing a 1994 Gibson F5-L Master Model. Truss rod cover art by Lindsay Tomlinson. Strap by El Dorado Guitar Accessories. I don't endorse them, but I really love their product, it's an amazing strap."

Connect with Jacob at the following links below for more information about his music, touring schedule, and private lessons.

jacobmeansmusic.com
soundcloud.com/jacobmeansmusic
www.instagram.com/jacobmeansmusic
www.facebook.com/thebyandby

Also, Jacob is offering a tab/notation transcription of the music in the video to anyone who is interested. Contact him through his website to inquire.

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #132 w/ Special Guest Jacob Means" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #132 w/ Special Guest Jacob Means" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #132 w/ Special Guest Jacob Means" to Google

Comments

Great playing, Jacob. Welcome!