View RSS Feed

Marilyn on Mandolin

New Mandolin Player

Rate this Entry
It is May 9, 2017. A few days away from my birthday. And a few months away from when I first picked up my mandolin. I have played guitar since I was a young girl. And have played some keyboard also. I've always been attracted to the string instruments and the sound they produce. A few months back, a friend loaned my a dobro to see how I would like it. I think it is another fascinating instrument and thought Why not? Somehow though it wasn't for me. I asked another friend if I could see his mandolin, just to see if that would be something I might want to try. I cannot explain the magic that occurred when I picked up this instrument. Now - I am quite the beginner and the sound coming out of my mandolin is very limited but I am making progress and continue everyday to play it, learn all I can about it, and expand my library of songs. I guess in short I have to say - I'm hooked.

Submit "New Mandolin Player" to Facebook Submit "New Mandolin Player" to Yahoo Submit "New Mandolin Player" to Google

Tags: newbie
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments