View RSS Feed

The Past and The Curious

Podcast Fun

Rate this Entry
Hello,
Mick Sullivan here, Louisville native and regular musician. I visit the Cafe nearly everyday, but never created a profile because I did't have anything of substance to say on the platform. Now I do.

I'm hoping to figure out different ways to get people aware of my podcast. It's geared towards young minds and ears and is largely focused on history. I find really unusual stories from the past and tell them with a creative twist while matching them with music I create alone or with friends. It's equally educational, entertaining and artistic.

The music is fun - I play mandolin, banjo and guitar, among other things and approach old jazz standards, traditional folk repertoire and a few originals.

It's a monthly program and I'd love any listens and feedback. Subscribe to it on iTunes Podcasts. Leave a review. Those two things will help me get noticed.

I really think it's a valuable project and is succeeding at the goal of educating kids and adults about our collective past, as well as some of the great music that gets largely forgotten about by people outside of our sphere in favor of the new and mass-media driven stuff.

I like the little guys.

I'm including my weird arrangement of Cluck Old Hen, which is featured at the end of the January 2017 episode. I play all of the instruments and created the electro-dance loop to boot.

I bet someone hates it. I also bet someone really likes it.
Isn't that the best kind of stuff?

Thanks.
Mick Sullivan
Attached Thumbnails Attached Files

Submit "Podcast Fun" to Facebook Submit "Podcast Fun" to Yahoo Submit "Podcast Fun" to Google

Updated Jan-27-2017 at 12:28pm by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can't figure out ho to do anything with this MP3. Obviously it doesn't work.
    You'll want to refer to the Forum's BB code for instructions on submitting in a streaming method. First rule of thumb: it has to reside on the internet, so it is possible to upload it here and then stream it but you'll have to grab the web address of where it resides on the Cafe to do that, which we've done above.

Instructions: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/mi...?do=bbcode#MP3

Also, might be best you post this on the forum instead. Blogs are really more for long essays vs. promoting something you're doing.
    Cool. Thanks! I wasn't sure how much promotion you actually wanted on the Forums. Self-promotion is uncomfortable.