View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #36 - Brejeiro

Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Here's a little Choro music to put you in the mood for Brazilian Independence Day (Sept 7th). Brejeiro is a very fun piece written by Brazilian pianist and composer Ernesto Nazareth--made popular on the mandolin by Jacob do Bandolim. This was my first time digging deeper into Choro music, and I had a lot of fun trying to incorporate the melody, harmony, and infectious rhythms all in one part.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking!

David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #36 - Brejeiro" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #36 - Brejeiro" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #36 - Brejeiro" to Google

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:44am by dbmandolin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Obrigado David! Is there any kind of music you don't do well on the mandolin? I don't think so!

I love choro music, and I can't wait till my ability catches up with my desire to play it.
    Every week, I think "this is his best one yet!" Wow!
    Wonderful, as always! Thanks, David.
    Thanks so much David. As always, fantastic.
    Nicely done David. Sweet color changes here and there and nice creative ways of getting that harmony in there. Two thumbs up!!
    Wow! I think I just listened to this 8 or 10 times in a row. Gotta go and hear it again.
    Wow David. Great arrangement of one of my favorite Choros. You're ability to play chord melody is just fantastic.
    You, Sir, are a PITILESS MANDOLIN BEAST!