View RSS Feed

khusted

Getting my start in the mandolin world

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
A couple months ago, I was in a guitar store with my boyfriend, looking for a guitar for him, when I saw this beautiful mandolin on the wall. It completely stole my heart. Honestly, I didn't even know what kind of instrument it was when I first saw it. I just had to buy it though; it was probably the most random purchase of my life. It's the first musical instrument I've ever owned.

My initial goal was to learn one song. Well, I have accomplished that and more! I've learned "You are my sunshine" and a few bluegrass tunes. Of course, I have only learned the very simple forms of these songs, but I have learned them nonetheless! I've started taking lessons and am absolutely hooked. I am certainly not very good, but I do love it
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandolin.jpg 
Views:	796 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	107720  

Submit "Getting my start in the mandolin world" to Facebook Submit "Getting my start in the mandolin world" to Yahoo Submit "Getting my start in the mandolin world" to Google

Comments

I love it as well...you are embarking on a beautiful journey!
    Congrats, but remember you have now joined a cult.
    Sweet bowlback and nice job diving right in! My first mando was the same style. After getting my 2nd, built by a luthier/bandmate, I passed the bowlback on to a distant friend who was beginning her own stringed musical journey. It's great that you have a musical beau!
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement! Pepe, I have my eye on a Tolley custom mandolin for my next one He's a luthier out of Seattle, and I LOVE his mandolins. I'll never get rid of my bowlback though