View RSS Feed

Troy Mayfield

Called Up Yonder in Colorado

Rate this Entry
Imagine a 20 X 30 room, 10 foot ceiling, hard tile floor, hard corkboard looking ceiling. No amplification of any type, echoes everywhere. 3 men with colds, 1 without. A crowd of about 30 people.

Called Up Yonder played for the Southern Colorado Livestock Association annual meeting yesterday. We told them, "We work for a Stockman who is better known as a Shepherd." Our intent for a 10 song set of gospel songs was shortened by 1 after the 6th song when my voice pretty much went away.

It took until the 2nd song for me to find the attack that gave me enough volume to be heard. Later the audience told me that the mandolin was fine.

We normally play with mics close to all instruments and vocal mikes as well. So this was our first attempt at an all acoustic show.

Despite the sound, it was a blast. Anytime we can play and give Glory to God and Jesus is a wonderful time. It is so much fun to play for others.

Submit "Called Up Yonder in Colorado" to Facebook Submit "Called Up Yonder in Colorado" to Yahoo Submit "Called Up Yonder in Colorado" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations....sounds like a fun time.
    Thanks for the nice comment. It was fun, other than the head cold that sorta jacked with my vocals. I could have sung great the next day.