View RSS Feed

Mandolin Cafe Blog

Cafe on a T-Mobile G1 Web Enabled Phone

Rate this Entry
For an early Christmas present for myself, I recently upgraded to T-Mobile's Google enhanced G1 phone, and am experiencing what many have already gone through that own web-enabled phones. If you've not tried one, you might think these are cumbersome, but with some effort, this is turning into a fabulous tool that's freeing up a lot of time for me.

While waiting in line to pick up my daughter from school recently, I was able to answer a few emails, approve some new message board members, and do some other general work I refer to as, milking the cows, ie., if you aren't milking the cows several times a day, you'll soon be in trouble. This allowed me to get some work done in what is normally down/dead time and freed up time with the family when I got home. And that my friends, is reason enough to own this new beast.

This brings me to a feature on the new message board software that most are not aware of. If you'd like to see all of the discussions minus all of the eye candy that comes with a web page (hint, hint, web-enabled phones), there's a link at the bottom of every page entitled "Archive". Click on that and you'll get a text version of the entire forum. On that page is a link to a PDA version. Sweet. New bookmark... "PDA Cafe Message Board".

OK, I admit I've checked email while driving home from work. I'll be careful, I promise .

Submit "Cafe on a T-Mobile G1 Web Enabled Phone" to Facebook Submit "Cafe on a T-Mobile G1 Web Enabled Phone" to Yahoo Submit "Cafe on a T-Mobile G1 Web Enabled Phone" to Google

Updated Dec-22-2008 at 3:58pm by Scott Tichenor (I keep forgetting to categorize these darn things :))

Categories
Mandolin Cafe Site Information