View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #356 w/ Special Guest Jared Fischer

Rate this Entry
This week on Mandolin Mondays we welcome Cambridge, MA based mandolinist Jared Fischer and his 1994 Grand Classic Apitius mandolin for a very Halloween appropriate performance of J.S. Bach's famous Toccata in D minor.

Jared became fully immersed in the Bluegrass scene after moving to Denver, Colorado and discovering a vibrant, supportive community there. He played with a few different groups before moving to Cambridge, Massachusetts this spring, where he's also started to play at some of the jams around town.

Here's a word from Jared about this video, "I love Bluegrass but also enjoy Irish/Celtic and Classical, with a special place in my heart for Bach. I’m always happy to meet other musicians and am excited to get more involved in the community here. Find me on Facebook and say hello!"

Be sure to connect with Jared at the following links below for more information about his music:

https://www.facebook.com/jared.fischer.587

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #356 w/ Special Guest Jared Fischer" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #356 w/ Special Guest Jared Fischer" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #356 w/ Special Guest Jared Fischer" to Google

Comments

Nicely done! Great tone you're getting out of that Apitius. I've always that that was a great organ piece, now I know it's a great mandolin piece as well.
    Really impressive performance. Thanks for posting.
    Bach! What a master!! Great playing and adaptation for this piece! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hey Jared, you and your Apitius are sounding great! Brant in Nashville
    That was simply amazing!