View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #335 w/ Special Guest Cody Shuler

Rate this Entry
This week on Mandolin Mondays Cody Shuler of Pine Mountain Railroad joins us to sing this Monroe classic "I'm Working on a Building" played with his beautiful 2021 Gilchrist Model 5.

Cody Shuler is a Grammy and DOVE nominated singer, songwriter and case maker. From Bryson City, NC, Cody began his career in music at the age of 15 playing mandolin for legendary banjo player Raymond Fairchild. There he got to meet and play music with of some of bluegrass' biggest stars like Jimmy Martin, Del McCoury, Ralph Stanley, The Crowe Brothers and many more. In 2004 he joined the band Pine Mountain Railroad. In 2006 he took over ownership of the band and they released four albums: "Alone with Forever", "Pickin', Praisin', & Singin', and “Cody Shuler & Pine Mountain Railroad". In 2015 Cody released the self titled album “Cody Shuler” on Rural Rhythm Records. He has written 6 #1 Bluegrass songs. Cody, his wife Marianne and three kids Hyatt, Kade and Scarlett live on their Horse Farm in Knoxville, TN where they operate their equine business as well as the Cody Case Company.

Be sure to connect with Cody at the following link below for more information about his music:

https://pinemountainrailroadband.com/cody-case-co

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #335 w/ Special Guest Cody Shuler" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #335 w/ Special Guest Cody Shuler" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #335 w/ Special Guest Cody Shuler" to Google

Comments

What sight and sound for sore eyes and ears on a Monday morning! I really enjoyed this excellent vocal with accompaniment on mandolin. Thank you, Cody.
    Beautiful F-5 Gilchrist, very nice singing and nice playing.

I want to bring two things to attention.
    It is for people like David´s effort that a treasure trove of mandolin videos are building up, and that covers all sorts of styles (though I am a bluegrass guy, may I request more classical music, please).

Try to notice nuances. Check out this rhythm accompaniment and compare it to a Mike Compton rhythm (like on this series). This is where you learn and where the greatness of this series lies.

Also notice Cody Shuler´s ads on the cafe if you are instrument short (no financial interest).
    One of my favorite tunes! Great pickin' & Singin'! Thanks for Sharing Cody!!
    Peace,
    Todd
    Thanks Cody, Very nice rendition of a great tune!
    Always happy to hear some good singing along with that most perfect of all instruments.
    Awesome, thanks