View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #268 w/ Special Guest James Seliga

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
This week on Mandolin Mondays, James Seliga of The Mandolin Store joins us for an incredible original composition played on his 2006 Custom Weber Yellowstone mandolin.

James is originally from Northern Ohio and has been playing guitar and mandolin for about 15 years now. 6 year ago he made the move to Nashville, where started to play mandolin with Billy Droze and Kentucky Blue as well as doing session work on both mandolin and guitar. And just last year he started working at the Mandolin Store where he's been wowing internet fans with mandolin samplings from the amazing instrument stock in store.

Here's a word from James about the composition and mandolin in this video, "This is an original tune called “Three” that blends three different segments together into one. The idea aims to encourage the listener to envision their own reality throughout the changing melodies, and is intended to act as a soundtrack behind their thought process. I love how interpretive music can be, the power that it has as accompaniment and in the telling of a story.

The mandolin I’m playing here is my 2006 Weber Custom Yellowstone with a 100 year old cedar top (from 1906) I bought the mandolin new in 2006 and it’s my one and only mando haha. Definitely love the darker tone I get out of the cedar, I really think the cedar top Weber’s sound consistently great!"

Be sure to connect with James on Instagram here for more information about his music: https://www.instagram.com/whoamando/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #268 w/ Special Guest James Seliga" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #268 w/ Special Guest James Seliga" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #268 w/ Special Guest James Seliga" to Google

Updated Feb-28-2021 at 8:56pm by dbmandolin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow... James, you da man! Welcome to Mandolin Mondays.
    Astonishing skills! Thanks for joining Mandolin Monday’s.
    The cedar top does sound great. I've played a few and they've all been loud and awesome. Nice playing. Part III is my favorite.
    The three overlapping shadows behind you are a nice touch! This is an incredible composition that goes to some really interesting places.
    Updated Feb-22-2021 at 9:11am by Franc Homier Lieu (Subject verb agreement)
    Nice James! Miss hearing you play in Bowling Green Ohio!
    <Best this be discussed elsewhere directly with the owner vs. in public. Seems inappropriate for this space>
    Updated Feb-22-2021 at 11:58am by Mandolin Cafe (not in the spirit of this forum)
    Really incredible stuff. I've watched a number of James' videos on the Mandolin Store channel and has been blown away each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clement Barrera-Ng
    Really incredible stuff. I've watched a number of James' videos on the Mandolin Store channel and has been blown away each time.
    +1 here on this. I have yet to see a mandolin demo of his that didn't set a fire. He be like
    YIKES! That felt like the high score ball at the mercy of a pinball wizard - such a supple wrist.
    I may have to rest a while before I can listen to that another 2 or3 times.
    thanks for hanging out with us and sharing this tune. it has become a daily "break" for me to take a few minutes and go onto TMS site and just pick any mandolin to see if you have a video posted. enjoy your playing and high energy style.

d