View RSS Feed

lucho

Collecting instruments & MAS

Rate this Entry
I have been a blogger for some years already, mandolincafe member since the late 90s and because I do love to play mandos from time to time I comment on mando related subjects at festivalpo, so now I decided to write something it intrigues myself at this new feature of the mandolincafe...
For many years I have been playing small plectrum instruments plus some woodwinds... and along the way I have been trading , repairing and adquiring instruments to the point that with over two dozen's plectrum instruments I have built a small collection ranging from mandolin, to mandola/bouzoukis and citterns so I should confess I am a mando addict suffering MAS (mandolin adquisition syndrome). These instruments all sound wonderfully different and I use them with alternative tunings and for different music settings like liturgical (every sunday), folk sessions (every tuesday), galician music group (every saturday) and shows and school presentations at anytime... I wonder if anybody at the not working musician mandoworld has ended like me, a geologist paleontologist and MAS musician.

Submit "Collecting instruments & MAS" to Facebook Submit "Collecting instruments & MAS" to Yahoo Submit "Collecting instruments & MAS" to Google

Updated Apr-21-2009 at 1:17pm by lucho (addition)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lucho, You should meet AllenHopkins. Board Member, instrument accumulator, knowledgable and likeable guy. I do not think Allen plays for a living but plays to live everywhere from rennaissance faires to retirement communities.

Jamie
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/al...chmentid=51105 I wonder how an instrument collection changes through time.... catch and release policy.... from my 2006-8 collection I guess 10-15% has left but others axes have arrived.... and I have at least 3 findings to complete restoration during my southern summer....
    Updated Jan-27-2011 at 7:42am by lucho (photo)
    I wonder how an instrument collection changes through time.... catch and release policy I guess.... Since the photo taken 5 years ago my colecction has changed over 10% I suppose.... new old axes to restore and most of them to release.... now with a croatian gusli, a palestinian rehab and a chilean/spanish octavina to complete fixing them through our southern summer