View RSS Feed

Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST

Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall are now on Patreon!

Rate this Entry
I am sending a big “Homebound Howdy” out to all mandolin pickers and enthusiasts from myself and my wife, Erynn Marshall. We are staying to home as I hope you all are able to do as well, riding out this extreme situation we find ourselves in. All our musician buddies have had their income “rug” pulled out from under them— gigs and concerts cancelled for many months and others postponed beyond that. It is inspiring to see how friends are helping each other out by sharing posts and doing live broadcasts of music and art.
Proud to be part of such a creative and caring community.
Our two cats Dot and Eleanor are the winners it seems as we are home all the time and they (being cats) cannot be over spoiled! Cleaning, gardening, baking, reorganizing, making soap, learning new instruments, and various other endeavors are becoming our new reality which is truly the “perk” of this isolation our situation demands.
We have started a Patreon page and are providing video lessons on mandolin, guitar, fiddle and banjo plus sheet music, tab, guitar chord charts, a tune-of-the-month plus other performance videos, “songwriter’s corner” musings from yours truly, recipes from old-time musicians and other fun stuff. In between all your zoom calls to friends and relatives, check it out at patreon.com. Just search for our names or Dittyville which is also our website (www.dittyville.com) where we have CDs and our Instructional DVDs on sale.
Patreon subscriptions are only $3, $6 or $10 a month and provide many hours of instruction (quite a deal!) and you can get a digital download of our new CD Old Tin (or any one of our other recordings) for free just for signing up.
We’re offering one-on-one Skype or Zoom lessons for a reduced rate ($40 instead of $50 per hr. or 2 for $75) to boost your playing skills. We’re putting free videos on our YouTube channel, uplifting posts on facebook and if you know someone who is feeling low or out of work, let us know (email us at#info@dittyville.com) and we’ll send them a free digital download of our new album Old Tin in the hopes it will brighten their day.#
‘Til the next time we meet online or in person we wish you and your families good health. Stay in and stay safe. The good times are not all passed and gone. They can happen at home, online and there are more good times down the road when we get past this…and we will.
#Be well and play lots!
#Warmly, Carl & Erynn

Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall are now on Patreon!" to Facebook Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall are now on Patreon!" to Yahoo Submit "Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall are now on Patreon!" to Google

Comments

Carl, good to hear from you. Be safe and well!