View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #200 /// "Russian Rag"

Rate this Entry
Today marks two hundred consecutive weeks of Mandolin Mondays! To celebrate this momentous occasion, I worked up this special solo arrangement of the "Russian Rag" for your amusement. Enjoy!

This tune first entered the mandolin world with the 1932 Dave Apollon mandolin orchestra version. In the years that followed, additional reprises of this ensemble arrangement surfaced from Sam Bush, the Modern Mandolin Quartet, and even Chris Thile with the Live from Here band. Figured it was time someone tried this as a solo piece, so here it is!

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

I'm pretty chuffed that Mandolin Mondays has continued on for nearly 4 years now! So thankful to all the amazing artists who have participated and for all the kind folks who have tuned in each week for all this mandolin madness. And we're still going strong! Got some new plans for the series in the New Year!

Also, I've got a fresh batch of Mandolin Mondays stickers that need cases to go on. Check them out here: https://www.davidbenedictmusic.com/p...ondays-sticker

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #200 /// "Russian Rag"" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #200 /// "Russian Rag"" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #200 /// "Russian Rag"" to Google

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:56am by dbmandolin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice!!!!!
    Congratulations on this wonderful series. And great to hear you play again. I worked on that tune as arranged on tenor banjo when I took lessons with Roy Smeck. I love your arrangement especially that part with "Yankee Doodle Dandy" in counterpoint to the other melody.
    Thank you for adding Mandolin Mondays to our lives! The series has become such a fixture, and Mondays are much easier with these great tunes.