View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #199 w/ Special Guest Solly Burton

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
3-time Winfield Mandolin Champion Solly Burton brings us a swinging arrangement of this baseball classic played beautifully on his 2018 Pava F5.

Solly is an unassuming jet ski mechanic and farmer from Indiana, but he's been impressing many with his mandolin prowess since a young age. He won his first Winfield Walnut Valley National Mandolin Championship at the age of 16 and has gone on to win two other times. The Pava mandolin in this video is his latest prize from Winfield in 2018. When he's not farming or raking in the mandolin awards, he plays in a local Indiana duo with the guitar player Brent McPike and teaches mandolin and guitar students.

Also, be sure to connect with Solly at the following links below for more information about his music:

https://www.facebook.com/solly.burton
https://www.youtube.com/user/mandosolly

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #199 w/ Special Guest Solly Burton" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #199 w/ Special Guest Solly Burton" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #199 w/ Special Guest Solly Burton" to Google

Comments

Play ball!
    I have jammed with Solly many times, he is one of the best players I have ever heard.
    Awesome!!

Loved it.

Go Astros!!
    Perfect timing for this piece! Really nicely played!!!
    Steve
    WOW! What great tone, and so clean....Thanks for that!!!
    This sounds so good! Solly is amazing, and I never get tired of seeing him effortlessly tear through swing tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loar Player
    I have jammed with Solly many times, he is one of the best players I have ever heard.
    Agreed
    That was absolutely lovely!
    Go Nationals!!!!
    Thanks Solly! Brought a smile to my face!
    Outstanding!
    Hi Solly, beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing you again here in Europe :-)
    Awesome picking!
    Gawjiss!