View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #185 Featuring Andrew Buckner

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Middle Tennessee mandolinist Andrew Buckner takes us on a journey with an original tune "Coffee and a Good Book" played beautifully on his TKD F5 Eagle mandolin.

Andrew has recorded three, full-length albums with the band Steel Bridge and still performs regularly with the group. In the fall of 2012, Andrew worked briefly as a guitarist with the band Wisewater featuring Forrest O'Connor, and Kate Lee. In 2015, Andrew switched his performance/recording focus to mandolin, and has been featured on multiple studio projects since. The song in this video is the title track to a solo mandolin EP Andrew recently released. Check it out here: https://music.apple.com/album/119254...pp=itunes&ls=1

Be sure to connect with Andrew at the following links below for more information about his music:

https://www.andrewbucknermusic.net/
https://music.apple.com/album/119254...pp=itunes&ls=1
https://www.instagram.com/atbuckner21/
https://twitter.com/TheBradleyAg
https://www.facebook.com/Andrew-Buck...?ref=bookmarks

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #185 Featuring Andrew Buckner" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #185 Featuring Andrew Buckner" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #185 Featuring Andrew Buckner" to Google

Comments

Welcome, Andrew. Great composition and wonderful playing.
    Thanks so much for giving us this platform to share the mandolin. It is a gift and I am so happy to participate! Thanks for the kind words as well!!!
    Hey Andrew, I remember this tune from a couple of years (and perhaps a couple of mandolins) ago! At the time, I think that you were still playing a Northfield Model M. How did you arrive at the TKD?
    Thanks for remembering this! Kyle Dunn, the owner of TKD, actually sent me this mandolin and I fell in love with it!
    That's a very pretty tune! Nice picking!
    @Gunnar, thanks so much for the kind words!
    Really tasteful and rich tone.

Steve
    @Steve Sorensen, thanks so much!!!!!! I am a huge fan of your mandolins! Epic work!
    Quote Originally Posted by atbuckner21
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sorensen
    Really tasteful and rich tone.

Steve
    @Steve Sorensen, thanks so much!!!!!! I am a huge fan of your mandolins! Epic work!
    Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan
    Hey Andrew, I remember this tune from a couple of years (and perhaps a couple of mandolins) ago! At the time, I think that you were still playing a Northfield Model M. How did you arrive at the TKD?
    Thanks for remembering this! Kyle Dunn, the owner of TKD, actually sent me this mandolin and I fell in love with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe
    Welcome, Andrew. Great composition and wonderful playing.
    Thanks so much for giving us this platform to share the mandolin. It is a gift and I am so happy to participate! Thanks for the kind words as well!!!
    This is a most beautiful, ethereal song. You have a sweet, yet strong tone, too.

Thanks, Andrew, and of course David, and mandolincafe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Statman
    This is a most beautiful, ethereal song. You have a sweet, yet strong tone, too.

Thanks, Andrew, and of course David, and mandolincafe!

Man, I so appreciate the kind words. The cafe and David do a great service getting our music heard. Again, thank you so much!
    Thanks so much for bringing this to us Andrew. I love the whole album-"Coffee and a good book", and for any of you out there, if you like this, you'll love the other tunes on the album.

absolutely wonderful
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by darylcrisp
    Thanks so much for bringing this to us Andrew. I love the whole album-"Coffee and a good book", and for any of you out there, if you like this, you'll love the other tunes on the album.

absolutely wonderful
    d
    What a nice thing to say! I am so glad you connected with the record and I hope you record another very soon Thanks again!!!
    Love that piece and your musicianship is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanElk
    Love that piece and your musicianship is awesome!
    Evan,
    I so appreciate those kind words!! I am glad you connected with it Thanks for taking the time to send a nice comment!
    Andrew, thanks for sharing your talent with us! I like that tune! I
    I love coffee and a good book! I’m good to check out the rest of your music!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Kelley
    Andrew, thanks for sharing your talent with us! I like that tune! I
    I love coffee and a good book! I’m good to check out the rest of your music!
    Thanks, Skip! I am a big fan of your mandolins, and I appreciate you taking the time to encourage me!
    Really impressive stuff Andrew. I've always enjoyed your playing and your music. Keep it up.
    That was awesome! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clement Barrera-Ng
    Really impressive stuff Andrew. I've always enjoyed your playing and your music. Keep it up.
    Clement, thanks for the encouragement my friend! I am so happy you have connected with my playing, it means more than you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotter
    That was awesome! Thank you.

Thank YOU for listening and for taking the time to say something nice! I so appreciate it!