View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #169 w/ Special Guest Erik Igelström

Rate this Entry
Stockholm, Sweden's very own mandolin monster Erik Igelström brings us some amazing traditional style Swedish music played on his Thomas Fredholm F5 mandolin.

Erik can masterfully cross genres in the blink of an eye. Whether you hear him play Bluegrass music with the incredible Swedish Bluegrass band G2, or jazz music with the highly acclaimed guitar player Emil Ernebro, Erik displays an effortless authenticity and mastery. Additionally, Erik has made music with a variety of Swedish artists and musicians throughout the years including: Tomas Andersson Wij, Sofia Karlsson, Daniel Lemma, Bo Kaspers Orkester, Frida Öhrn. Recently he played on an album was nominated for a Grammy, Trolska skogen, ”Spår av musik”

Here Erik tells us a bit about this video, "I thought I might share some Swedish traditional style of music. First tune is called Solitune and it’s an original tune. The second one is called Ranungspolska No 1, written by Erik Öst. The mandolin I’m playing is built by Thomas Fredholm, Swedish luthier"

Be sure to connect with Erik at the following links below for more information about his music:

https://www.facebook.com/erik.igelstrom.3
http://www.mandoerik.com/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #169 w/ Special Guest Erik Igelström" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #169 w/ Special Guest Erik Igelström" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #169 w/ Special Guest Erik Igelström" to Google

Comments

Wow, that was beautiful! Welcome, Erik.
    Outstanding. Beautiful tone, effortless command of the instrument. And a big nod towards traditional Swedish music. And it sounds great on mandolin.
    thank you Erik!
    that was beautiful, and clean notes all around
    d
    Very nice, tack!
    Great piece and terrific playing.
    Thanks guys for all the fine words! And loads of thanks to David Benedict and mandolin café for creating and maintaining this outstanding platform!!!
    Very much enjoyed the tunes and your skillful playing.
    One thing I love about the cafe and Mandolin Mondays is that it brings me to beautiful music like this that I might not otherwise have encountered. Thanks!
    Excellent playing! Good to hear Scandi-mando again on Mando-Mondays.