View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Rainy Miatke

Rate this Entry
Meet the amazing Rainy Miatke from Ashland, Oregon. She's here on Mandolin Mondays to play a killer original tune on her Weber Bitterroot.

Though only 15 years old, Rainy has already appeared on stage with such notable performers as Laurie Lewis, John Reischman, Alice Gerrard, Darol Anger, Mike Marshall, Väsen, Tony Trischka, Sean Watkins, and The Bee Eaters. At the age of 8 she formed the family band Rainy and the Rattlesnakes, and now plays regularly with her sister Lela.

Here's Rainy with a word about the tune in this video, " The tune is one that I wrote called March 32nd. It is a really recent tune, I actually just finished it in time for the video."

Be sure to connect with Rainy at the following links below for more information about her music and performance schedule:

https://lelaandrainy.com/
https://www.instagram.com/lelaandrainy/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Rainy Miatke" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Rainy Miatke" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays w/ Special Guest Rainy Miatke" to Google

Comments

--sound of applause--

Rainy, welcome to Mandolin Mondays. Beautifully played original tune! Love the fact you're composing your own music. Keep up the great work.
    Really sparkling, clean, and delightful playing. I love the magic we are hearing from an increasing range of amazing players on Mandolin Mondays ! ! !

Players like Rainy are breathing fresh energy and life into the mandolin world.

Steve
    that was great. i love this style of playing.
    very cool tune.
    thanks for sharing it with us
    d
    Beautiful song and playing. Thanks, Rainy!
    Heard her Mandolin Monday video this morning. Trying to look her up more in-depth. Their website link doesn’t work!