View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

Mandolin Mondays #122 w/ Special Guest Banjo Ben Clark

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Internet sensation and online bluegrass educational guru Banjo Ben Clark sent us a lovely solo arrangement of an old hymn played on his Rattlesnake mandolin.

Ben has had a successful performing career, having toured with Lila McCann, Josh Gracin, and even Taylor Swift. He also made a name for himself as a Nashville songwriter with a coveted publishing deal from Sony Music. But but by far what he's known best for is his incredibly popular bluegrass video lessons series online.

Over the past decade, Banjo Ben has helped change the scene of online music education for bluegrass musicians. What started out as a humble youtube lesson series has now evolved into one of the premier learning portals on the web for banjo, guitar, and mandolin players. You can check out lessons to similar arrangements at his website here: https://banjobenclark.com/

Connect with Banjo Ben at the following links below for more information about his music and online lessons:

BanjoBenClark.com
Facebook.com/TheBanjoBen
Instagram.com/BanjoBenClark

You can also contact me here for a free copy of the tablature transcription of the music in this video: http://davidbenedictmusic.com/contact/

And as always, tune in next week for more Mandolin Mondays! Until then...

Happy Picking!
David

Submit "Mandolin Mondays #122 w/ Special Guest Banjo Ben Clark" to Facebook Submit "Mandolin Mondays #122 w/ Special Guest Banjo Ben Clark" to Yahoo Submit "Mandolin Mondays #122 w/ Special Guest Banjo Ben Clark" to Google

Comments

Welcome, Ben!
    EXCELLENT UIN EVERY WAY!!
    THANKS, BEN
    I love the mandomondays, and usually sit in awe of players zipping through numbers I'll never master. Great stuff, but today was special. When Ben Clark (can't we call him Mando Ben?) started into the Old Rugged Cross, I thought I heard a backing track, his timing at the slow waltz tempo, his double stops and harmonies were so spot-on. The sort of tune you listen to without paying a lot of attention until you realize that - yeah. that's the way to play it. I'll learn it. I may never play that particular hymn outside my home, but I'll play better for knowing how. Thanks David, for this series.
    I'm extremely honored to be asked to submit a tune. The players that are featured on this series are lightyears beyond my level and I'm extremely humbled. Thank you for your kind words!
    Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
    nice job Ben! Gotta love Mandolin Mondays!
    That Rattlesnake sounds great.
    Great pickin’! Thanks for the video, Ben!
    Ba Da Da Da!!! Nice job, Ben. Nice to see and hear you here!
    I'm not too proud to say that I have learned a few things from this banjo player.
    Updated Apr-30-2018 at 9:50pm by Alfons
    Very nice. Your sisters are amazing also.
    I am a Gold member ...... his lessons are fun because of his humor and honesty. Cudos to Ben!