View RSS Feed

Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST

Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST

Rate this Entry
Happy New Year everyone!

My wife Erynn Marshall and and I hope you all made some good resolutions and they last as long as you want them to. For 2018 I am going to give these a whirl...

1. Start the day learning something-- anything that gets the creative spirit sparked

2. Handwrite more letters and send them more often.

3. Do more creative cooking and eating-- they go hand in hand don't you think?

We are off to the westcoast to play at the Portland Old-Time Gathering, Olympia & Seattle to play shows with Randal Bays & Family and into BC to see family and play a concert in North Burnaby, BC. We'll be home for two weeks in Feb then will arrive in Ireland on Valentines. We have concerts, workshops and will get to participate in the first Old-Time Music Gathering www.irisholdtime.com. So looking forward to all that!

Carl and I are teaching online fiddle, guitar, mando and banjo workshops on Concert Window.com. The fee is "pay what you want" (You must make a minimum $2 donation on Concert Window to get access to their platform. Tips are appreciated!) and you can communicate with us during these live online workshops by asking questions or making comments in the text box provided. It's fun, a great deal and you don't have to leave your house!

Here's the schedule for our upcoming lessons on ConcertWindow.com

SAT Jan 6th, 2018 - 10:30am EST Erynn Marshall Fiddle Lesson. Tune: a cool version of Eighth of January (with extra parts) by great, late VA fiddler John Ashby.

SAT Jan 6th, 2018 - 1pm EST - Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop. Tune: Pigeon on the Gate

SUN Feb 4, 2018 - 1pm EST - Erynn Marshall Fiddle Workshop. Tune: tba

SUN Feb 4, 2018 - 3:30pm EST - Carl Jones Guitar Workshop. Tune/song: tba

SUN Feb 11, 2018 - 1pm EST - Erynn Marshall Fiddle Workshop. Tune: tba

SUN Feb 11, 2018 - 3:30pm EST - Carl Jones Banjo Workshop. Tune/song: tba

Go to ConcertWindow.com to watch and please click the heart beside our name to follow us and hear about our future workshops. Thanks.

Our Holiday Sales on our website www.dittyville.com has been extended through Jan 6 "Old Christmas."

Thanks for your support everyone and we hope you and yours have a bright, happy, and musical New Year!

Sincerely, Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall

Submit "Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6,  1 PM EST" to Facebook Submit "Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6,  1 PM EST" to Yahoo Submit "Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6,  1 PM EST" to Google

Comments