View RSS Feed

Horsefarmer

mandolin volume without amplification

Rate this Entry
Does anyone out there have any ideas,on how to increase volume, on an Eastman 505 without amplification?

Submit "mandolin volume without amplification" to Facebook Submit "mandolin volume without amplification" to Yahoo Submit "mandolin volume without amplification" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

To get increased volume out of a 915, my teacher advised using heavier strings (J75s or EXP75s) and raising the action a hair--not a lot, just a little bit. Worked for me.

If it's a newer mando, as mine was, I also think that the more I played it--talking over time, not one session--the louder it got.
    pickloser,
    another way to go is to send your mandolin to Manovoodoo.com for blueprinting - I am not affiliated with him at all.
    http://mandovoodoo.com/mandolin.html
    This guy will open up your mandolin and make it sing better for you, which is better than stressing the instrument that may damage it. Remember heavier string are harder on the fingers, bridge and nut too.
    Anyway, check out his videos on Youtube ( giannaviolins) to see what he did to a humble Loar LM700 I think it was .

Allan