• Chris Thile's Acoustic Music Camp to be held July 30 - August 3 in Glen Cove, New York

Chris Thile's Acoustic Music Camp

UPDATED: SOLD OUT, with waiting list available.

GLEN COVE, NY — The inaugural edition of Chris Thile’s Acousticamp, four days for musicians and music lovers of all ages, levels, interests, and tastes (on guitar, mandolin, fiddle, bass, and vocals) will be held at Glen Cove Mansion July 30 - August 3.

Whether you are a master player, beginner, or just an enthusiastic fan, Acousticamp programs will offer activities and workshops in a non-competitive environment designed to immerse you in the joys of music and the lovely surroundings selected for the camp.

Attendees will enjoy exclusive, private performances by Chris, Nickel Creek, Punch Brothers and the camp's all-star Faculty.

Acousticamp will begin at 3:00 p.m. July 30 and conclude after Breakfast August 3. A final and detailed schedule will be announced by the end of May, with many more activities than listed here already planned.

Register by April 15 for 10% off. Use code GLENCOVE at checkout.

Chris Thile's Welcome Announcement

Faculty

• Chris Thile
    • Chris Eldridge
    • Brittany Haas
    • Paul Kowert
    • Aoife O’Donovan
    • Andrew Marlin
    • Madison Cunningham
    • Julian Lage
    • Noam Pikelny
    • Sara Watkins
    • Sean Watkins

Camp Activities Include

• Intimate breakout groups at all levels on guitar, mandolin, fiddle, bass, and vocals
    • Daily Master Classes and more by Chris Thile
    • One-on-one mentor sessions with Camp Faculty
    • Camper open mics nightly
    • Signing session and photos with the artists
    • Daily coffee with one of Chris’ favorite baristas
    • Nightly cocktails with one of Chris' favorite bartenders
    • World class accommodations at the historic Mansion at Glen Cove
    • Acousticamp goody bag for all attendees

Acousticcamp is organized and led by Dream Catcher Events.

Additional Information

Glen Cove Mansion

Chris Thile's Acoustic Music Camp - July 30 - August 3 in Glen Cove, New York
    Comments 12 Comments
      DougC -
      4 nights
      Shared Room with Two Beds
      Mandolin Cafe -
      It would appear the camp is already sold out according to the Dreamcatcher Events (the event organizer) web site which has clearly listed it as such, though the web site front page for the camp does not reflect it so far. However, registration appears to show WAITLIST AVAILABILITY only.

I have a call in to the organizer who we spoke to on Friday to confirm. Glen Cove Mansion has 185 rooms and some of would go to faculty.
      vanv5600 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
      4 nights
      Shared Room with Two Beds
      Wow!
      Don Grieser -
      They need to find a bigger mansion next year.
      sgarrity -
      I would have gone in a heartbeat if I didn’t already have two other week long vacations planned this year. What an amazing group of musicians!
      DougC -
      Sure beats the heck out of my old tent and truck digs.
      JimKo -
      I am not going but certainly would like to hear about it from someone who does go.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      This is starting Sunday. Curious if any among us are going and might report their experience.
      pbstrings -
      This was next level good. Extremely well organized. General consensus was it exceeded expectations and all that I spoke with would sign up for next year if/when it happens. Attendees encompassed many levels, instruments and genres and included folks from the UK and Spain.
      Artists were incredibly generous with their time an insights. After extremely full days Chris would host an after hours listening session in the pub.
      BTW: Many of us easterners were not previously familiar with mandolinist (and other instruments) Ashley Hoyer. She is equally comfortable in classical and bluegrass. If you have not heard her do yourself a favor and check her out.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Quote Originally Posted by pbstrings View Post
      This was next level good. Extremely well organized. General consensus was it exceeded expectations and all that I spoke with would sign up for next year if/when it happens. Attendees encompassed many levels, instruments and genres and included folks from the UK and Spain.
      Artists were incredibly generous with their time an insights. After extremely full days Chris would host an after hours listening session in the pub.
      BTW: Many of us easterners were not previously familiar with mandolinist (and other instruments) Ashley Hoyer. She is equally comfortable in classical and bluegrass. If you have not heard her do yourself a favor and check her out.
      Here's a major feature we did on her a few years ago before she married and changed her name.
      Dick Wade -
      Everything pbstrings said x2
      LoveTheDrake -
      Agree with pbstrings and Dick Wade. Could not have been better (unless it was longer)!