• Sharon Gilchrist's Mandos, Cars & Coffee Vlog Airs Thursday

NASHVILLE, TENN. ‐ Sharon Gilchrist has announced her new YouTube Vlog series entitled Mandos, Cars & Coffee.

As the title suggests, the series will consist of Gilchrist pairing up with well known mandolin players to discuss mandolins while sharing coffee and driving around in fine sports cars. Episode #1 featuring Joe K. Walsh is set to launch this Thursday, 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

What's to not like, and what better way than to have Sharon describe it?

Additional Information

Comments 10 Comments
      Michael Romkey -
      This reminds me of some other show but I can't quite put my finger on it.
      JeffD -
      I hadn't realized the relationship between coffee and mandolins. I mean, I pretty much embody that relationship, but I didn't know it was a thing. I didn't know other players know about this thing.
      dorenac -
      Does Seinfeld play mandolin?
      Rbaer -
      (in Seinfeld voice): “And what is the deal with the mandolin?!
      John Bertotti -
      I don't know about Seinfled but I stumbled on this today.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is more caffine! I always have a monster with my morning practice.
      Marcus CA -
      First, mandolins and beer. Now, mandolins and coffee. Things often come in three, so what's next?

I really hope the lawyers don't get involved in this, given that JS probably already has enough $$$ to buy every Loar without selling off any of his cars.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      This from Sharon's email list.

----------------

MANDOS, CARS & COFFEE - OFFICIAL RELEASE - TONIGHT! THUR, 9/16/21 @ 7PM PST / 10PM EST

MANDOS, CARS & COFFEE is a new video series I am premiering TONIGHT!
      EPISODE #1 of MANDOS, CARS & COFFEE features my interview with mandolinist @joekwalsh

JOE K. WALSH (Professor of Mandolin - Berklee School of Music, Mr. Sun, Bluegrass & the Abstract Truth, Darol Anger's Republic of Strings, The Gibson Bros. multiple ear-candy-level solo records, @pegheadnation instructor) is one of today's most distinctive & lyrical mandolinists,singers & composers whose influence is widely evident in the finest mandolin players of the upcoming generation. To learn more about Joe K. Walsh go to: http://www.joekwalsh.com.

HOW & WHERE can you view EPISODE #1???

At exactly 7PM PST / 10PM EST, EPISODE #1 goes public on my youtube channel.

VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS:
      STEP 1: CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://studio.youtube.com/video/VU3YyFx5xBI/edit
      STEP 2: PRESS PLAY ON EPISODE #1, MANDOS, CARS & COFFEE
      STEP 3: YOU'RE IN! - riding around Nashville in the Audi TT with @joekwalsh and myself, listening in on our shop talk & a friendly bit of mando picking.

To Note!: MANDOS, CARS & COFFEE is a co-production and creative collaboration between myself and Darol Anger.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Here it is:

darylcrisp -
      This is going to be good. Very.
      d
      dang -
      Did she call that song Ashland breakdown? I don’t recall hearing it before but that was spectacular, they each brought some different elements and had their own sound. Very well done! Thank you Sharon and Joe!