• New Music from Mark Stoffel - Coffee & Cake

Mark Stoffel - Coffee & Cake

ARDEN, NC — Mountain Home Music Company has announced an October 2 release for Mark Stoffel's first solo project in over ten years entitled Coffee & Cake.

Currently holding down mandolin duties for Chris Jones & The Night Drivers, Stoffel's debut album for Mountain Home Music Company is a brilliant showcase for the warm tone and creative styllngs from his famed Gilchrist mandolin on this all-instrumental collection.

About the new project Stoffel said, "Music is a catalyst for health and happiness and it is my sincere hope that Coffee & Cake will have a little part in this, especially during these curious times.

"The time was just right for this album. Long before we started recording in the summer of 2019 I had a pretty clear vision of both music and the overall concept, which is to create an instrumental album with melodies that stick and an overall feel that appeals to the heart and soul. With that in mind, the tunes kept coming and it felt almost like my mandolin was guiding me along during the whole process. And because I grew up in Germany, where the daily afternoon Coffee & Cake ritual has been delighting people for centuries, I didn't have to search long for the title of the album!"

Listen

The opening track, "Shadowbands," from Coffee & Cake.

World Premiere - "In The Mood"

Track Listing

• Shadowbands
    • Driving Me Madnolin
    • In The Ben Lamond
    • Frost On The Pretzel
    • Coffee & Cake
    • Buckminster Waltz
    • The Old Mountaineer
    • March Of The Lemmings
    • Daley's Reel/Make a Little Boat
    • Ying And Yang
    • Woody's Rag/Night Driver's Rag
    • Finn And Ollie
    • In The Mood

Additional Information

Mark Stoffel
    Comments 17 Comments
      Eric F. -
      This is fantastic. Really made my morning. But Mark, that looks like pie from Rule of Pie.
      mandrian -
      Excellent. Brought a smile to my face.
      Jeff Hildreth -
      Outstanding. Thanks for the early morning surprise ! (Pacific Coast Time)
      mstoffel@mac.com -
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
      This is fantastic. Really made my morning. But Mark, that looks like pie from Rule of Pie.
      It is!
      Andy Miller -
      Super cool!
      mstoffel@mac.com -
      Quote Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
      we actually did the photo shoot at ROP, back in December. It is closed now, Due to COVID, hopefully they’ll open again.
      John Soper -
      What a fun track! Fantastic - Bravo!
      Drew Egerton -
      excellent stuff! Love Marks picking with Chris Jones, looking forward to hearing this
      DCHammers -
      First, became aware of your work through Nathan Clark George's wonderful albums. What a joy to run into your music again.
      Stop -
      That was FUN and excellent !! great job
      Scotter -
      That was awesome!!
      Bob Schmidt -
      Terrific; I loved it.
      Doug Freeman -
      Wonderful, thanks!
      Paul Statman -
      Gawjiss - What a wonderful rendition and arrangement by some wonderful musicians. Great camera and editing, too. Loved this.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Mark is Daniel's guest this week on the Mandolins and Beer podcast. I listen to every podcast, really enjoy it, so looking forward to this one on my next walk.
      Tom D -
      Just received the CD. Great music! Thanks, Mark.
      tuhker -
      I just had the pleasure of meeting Mark at a Chris Jones show yesterday. Wonderful player and wonderful CD.