• New Music from Jack Dunlap - The Isolation Sessions

New Music from Jack Dunlap - The Isolation Sessions

Mandolinist Jack Dunlap has announced a May 6 release of his solo recording The Isolation Sessions, available or pre-order now.

About the recording, Dunlap told us, "Only recently did the thought of doing a solo mandolin album pop into my mind. I had tossed the idea around about 5 or 6 years ago, but seeing a lot of my favorite players such as Chris Thile and Sierra Hull do similar projects, I decided to go in a different direction with my music.

"About a month before quarantine, the idea of such a project popped back in my head, but I had so many things in the works that I assumed it would be two to three years before I would begin work on it.

Flash forward to mid March. Quarantine begins and all of my current projects come to a halt. I decided if I was going to record a solo project, now was the time. I enlisted the help of a young bass player, Alex Kimble, and The Isolation Sessions came to be."

Listen

From the album, the track "Journey to the Forbidden Forest."

Track Listing

• The First
    • Journey To The Forbidden Forest
    • Ride
    • In Isolation
    • Alone Again
    • Wendy's Reel
    • Wayward Bound
    • Wind and Rain
    • Three Jigs
    • Striking Man

Additional Information

Comments 4 Comments
      roberto -
      Wow!! Sounds awesome!
      Mike Romkey -
      Great playing and sound. Have to track down the full recording. Congratulations.
      Paul Statman -
      Beautiful - great mando tone, too. Congratulations on the album, Jack.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Posting to social media in a bit to help out Jack with sales.