• Solo Debut Recording from Dylan McCarthy Announced: Lost & Found

Dylan McCarthy - Lost & Found

LYONS, CO. — Colorado mandolinist, Dylan McCarthy has announced a May 1 release of his solo debut album entitled Lost & Found, a collection of original instrumental acoustic music.

Inspired by progressive bluegrass and new acoustic artists such as John Reischman, David Grisman, Matt Flinner and many others, McCarthy delivers a unique body of work centered around his expressive approach to the mandolin.

Lost & Found includes seven original compositions with influences ranging from bluegrass to old-time to swing and beyond. With an emphasis on dynamics and improvisation, the strength of the writing coupled with the exploratory approach of the musicians makes Lost & Found a compelling debut release from a strong new artistic voice in acoustic music and mandolin playing.

Track Listing

• Mosquito
    • 24th of August
    • Polaris
    • The Jamestown Turnaround
    • Old Bisbee
    • The Doldrums
    • Lost & Found

Supporting Musicians

• Eric Wiggs - Guitar
    • Bradley Morse - Upright Bass
    • Sam Armstrong-Zickefoose - Banjo
    • Natalie Padilla - Fiddle
    • Justin Hoffenburg - Fiddle
    • Allen Cooke - Dobro

Dylan McCarthy is the 2019 Rockygrass Mandolin Champion, as well as the recipient of the 2016 Heartland Emmy award for musical composition. He attended Berklee College of Music in 2012, has toured internationally in the UK and India, played major festivals in the US including Rockygrass and Pagosa Folk N' Bluegrass, and contributed to a variety of studio works. McCarthy currently makes his home in Lyons, Colorado and is a well-known member of the acoustic music scene. He performs regularly with acoustic Americana band, Thunder and Rain, as well as the Lyons Bluegrass Collective and Follow the Fox.

Additional Information

Comments 2 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Here's the first track from the recording just previewed and it's a burner! Nicely played.

Sue Rieter -
      I received a copy of his CD the other day and played it through twice today while I was working at my desk. Both my husband and I really enjoyed it. Favorite tracks were the last two, "The Doldrums" and the title track, "Lost & Found".

I also appreciate that Dylan did his own cover art (he is a visual as well as a musical artist!)

My only criticism was that it was too short... I wanted it to go on longer.