• Peghead Nation Launches Bluegrass Mandolin Fingerboard Method with Sharon Gilchrist

Sharon Gilchrist teaches you to play solos to any bluegrass song in any key.
    Peghead Nation Launches Bluegrass Mandolin Fingerboard Method with Sharon Gilchrist

FAIRFAX, CALIF. — Peghead Nation has announced the launch of Sharon Gilchrist's third course, Bluegrass Mandolin Fingerboard Method, now available to all subscribers.

In Bluegrass Mandolin Fingerboard Method students will learn to play solos to any bluegrass song in any key with Sharon's method for learning the fingerboard, based on arpeggios, chop-chord shapes, and double stops.

Sign up for Bluegrass Mandolin Fingerboard Method today and use promo code MandoCafe20 at checkout to get a first month free on a monthly subscription, or $20 off on an annual subscription to her course.

A free sample lesson from Sharon's new course is available at Peghead Nation.

About Sharon Gilchrist

Sharon is a widely respected mandolin teacher, with numerous private students. She served as mandolin instructor at the Santa Fe University of Art and Design from 2004 to 2012 and has taught at music camps throughout the US. She earned a bachelor's degree in mandolin performance from Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.

Additional Information

Comments 4 Comments
      Mike Romkey -
      I'll have to look into this. I'm interested in anything Sharon has to say. I'm mostly familiar with her work with John Reischman and Tony Rice. Like John, she plays with so much control and excellent tone -- real role models for mandolinists.
      gfury -
      I'm working through this now.

The course presents a foundational, closed position fingering method that can be easily applied to many bluegrass songs. Also presents useful double-stops and chord relationships.

It's very straightforward, and I had already been using some of it, but now I know that I was on the right track.

It has brought a few things into focus for me.
      LongBlackVeil -
      I imagine this is just a course on FFcP ala JazzMando.com?
      gfury -
      Quote Originally Posted by LongBlackVeil View Post
      I imagine this is just a course on FFcP ala JazzMando.com?
      It's a bit different. It is an FFCP type method, but has a focus on arpeggios and double-stops in a bluegrass context.

Also covers some Monroe fills and techniques.