• Mini-Monroe Mandolin Camp Comes to World Famous Station Inn in Nashville

April 4-5 camp includes Mike Compton, Jesse Brock, Lauren Price Napier and Casey Campbell.
    Mini-Monroe Mandolin Camp Coming to World Famous Station Inn in Nashville

NASHVILLE, TENN. — A special two-day Monroe Mandolin mini-camp has been announced by the organizers of the Monroe Mandolin Camp. The mini-camp will be held at the World Famous Station Inn, April 4-5 and co-sponsored by the Mandolin Cafe.

Going back to the roots of bluegrass, instructors Mike Compton, Jesse Brock, Lauren Price Napier and Casey Campbell share their unique interpretations and tips for playing Bill Monroe's signature style through intimate small-classes and jams.

Enrollment is limited to 25 students, so there will be plenty of knee-to-knee opportunities with these modern Monroe-style masters! BONUS: all attendees will have the rare opportunity to be live-recorded on the Station Inn stage while performing one tune as a solo or duet. Cost is $250 per person, $200 for any school age registered students (fee does not include lodging, meals or transportation). All playing levels welcome!

Camp runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon Sunday at the World Famous Station Inn.

Yes, this IS your grandfather's bluegrass!

The mandolin art of Bill Monroe covered 70+ years and several variations in style. Mon-Man Camps explore music from the classic bluegrass band of the 1940's through Bill's "Last Days on Earth." Skills and elements covered may include tremolo styles, down strokes, doublestops/building solos from chord voicings, slides, tunings, using traditional ideas to play contemporary sounds, and of course, Bill Monroe tunes. Participants may also request specific topics they would like to explore.

Make this special mini-camp even more memorable by visiting Nashville's music history highlights and take advantage of Station Inn shows April 3-5, including the 2020 Grammy Award Winner & Kentucky Musician of the Year, Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper (April 3), Plan B: Mike Compton, Charlie Cushman, Brian Christianson, Andy Todd and Kent Blanton (April 4), and the Station Inn Sunday Afternoon Gospel Show and Sunday Evening Bluegrass Jam on April 5. Tickets available at the door for all shows.

Additional Information

Comments 5 Comments
      Don Grieser -
      That sounds like great fun and a fantastic learning experience. Thanks for supporting it, Scott!
      Larry S Sherman -
      I went to the Mandolin Camp show at the Station Inn in 2019 and Ricky Skaggs just walked in and played the first half. Was a truly amazing show, and Mike was incredible as you would expect. All the players and singers made the Monroe tunes come to life, and I learned a lot about Bill from the talk between songs.

This show is highly recommended by me FWIF.

Larry
      Don Grieser -
      Larry, that was my first Station Inn show and I'll be back for Monroe Camp and the show again this year. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Attachment 183254
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Word is this is getting rescheduled for the end of May and the size of the gathering will be downsized. Soon as we know more we'll make a more formal announcement. No update to the web site for it yet but coming soon.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Now rescheduled for the second time to June 20-21.

Attachment 185318