• Acoustic Disc Set to Release Dawg Trio Plays Tunes & Sings Songs

David Grisman, Danny Barnes and Samson Grisman launch first recording of Dawg Trio.
    Dawg Trio Plays Tunes & Sings Songs

San Rafael, Calif. — Acoustic Disc has announced an October 11 release of Dawg Trio Plays Tunes & Sings Songs, a collaboration between David Grisman, multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter Danny Barnes and Samson Grisman on bass.

Their debut recording features nine brand new Dawg compositions and three original songs by Barnes, recorded live in Grisman's Dawg Studios. This unique ensemble displays an incredibly wide range of styles, from swing to bluegrass and old time to Dawg.

Track Listing

• Intro
    • Spud Boy
    • Old Timey Art
    • Little Bitty Town
    • Dawg On A String
    • Big Blue
    • No End Of Love
    • Blue Dawg
    • Lobster Rolls
    • Money Moves Up
    • Funky Plunky
    • Zaydeh's Waltz
    • Super Grits
    • Razzle Dazzle
    • It's A Long Long Way to The Top

Listen

From the recording, the track "Razzle Dazzle."

Additional Information

Comments 9 Comments
      Glassweb -
      Sign me up! Grisman and Barnes is a match made in heaven... two masters with huge ears and expansive tastes... throw in the mighty Sam"son" and you've got a pretty potent brew... as evidenced here. Can't wait to hear the whole shebang! Good on ya boyz!
      mandohat -
      Love hearing the bass so clearly in a guitar-less format
      Markus -
      Loved seeing Barnes, Gordy, Walsh this summer at our local Trad Music Festival, this should be really exception as both David and Danny are so much fun to listen to.

Was jealous when I saw these shows announced, thrilled to hear it so soon!
      Trey Young -
      I got my copy of the album yesterday and have played it in it’s entirety several times now. I really dig it a lot! As of now my favorite track is Spud Boy, but there’s not really a dud on the whole album.
      Jan Skovajsa -
      Beautiful! What is the mandolin used on the recording, please?
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Looks like the Dawg is going to let us have some fun with this last question. He's sent the mandolin breaks only from the entire recording as MP3s and is going to let us have a "Guess which mandoin was used" contest with the winning entry getting $100 Gift Certificate to Acoustic Disc. Will take me a bit of time to cook this up with MP3 streaming tracks but stay tuned.

Should be fun.
      Drew Egerton -
      Awesome idea! Hopefully it is multiple choice...
      Loving the record so far!
      Jan Skovajsa -
      Great! I’m looking forward to it. Thank you for the explanation.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      For posterity, the sounds files have been moved here.