• Waterloo Mandolin Giveaway Registration Start Date Announced

Waterloo Mandolin by Collings

Austin, Texas — Waterloo by Collings Guitars and Mandolins and the Mandolin Cafe are combining efforts to give away one of their new Waterloo WL-M mandolins with a sunburst finish.

Registration for a chance to win will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page September 17 at 8:00 a.m. Central.

Included in the giveaway will be a Hardshell TKL case.

The WL-M is constructed with all solid woods and in a ladder-braced design, which contributes to its dry and articulate vintage chime. Other key features that set the WL-M apart from other Depression-era mandolins are its fully-adjustable truss rod and compound fingerboard radius, allowing for modern day playability and setup flexibility over the life of the instrument. Whether you're a devoted mandolinist or a guitar player simply looking to branch out into new sonic territory, the WL-M will not disappoint!

The retail value of the Waterloo WL-M mandolin is $1,750.

The giveaway will be open to all visitors to the Mandolin Cafe from all international locations. One lucky winner will be selected at random and notified upon completion of the giveaway at 8:00 a.m. Central, September 27. No purchase is necessary to enter and business partners of the Mandolin Cafe, Collings or Waterloo are not eligible.

Waterloo Mandolin Links

Comments 21 Comments
      Paul Statman -
      Yowzah! Way to Jethro that mando, Alex! Splendid mando and tune and playing and and and - there's a-gonna be a free one for some lucky picker!
      MikeZito -
      My favorite Jethro tune!
      mandohat -
      Great playing
      Bill Foss -
      What a great sounding mandolin and great picking too! I'm feeling lucky! Daddy needs a new Waterloo!
      rfd -
      wonderful tone.
      Timbofood -
      I’m ready!
      lflngpicker -
      Thanks for putting this opportunity out there! Looking forward to entering.
      myya -
      Thank you for putting such a fantastic mandalin out here for us to enjoy.
      William Smith -
      I'd never imagine it would sound that great! Very surprised indeed!
      rickbella -
      Looks so much like Gibson's old Kalamazoo mandos!
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Registration ends in just over 90 minutes. Every time we pick a winner they say the same thing: "I've entered giveaways for years and never win!"

Could be you this time. Over 6,500 entries.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      We have emailed the winning entry.

Congrats Tom S. who appears to be in Massachusetts. Yes, there are about 5 other Tom S. entrants, but only the one we emailed is the winner of course.
      John Bertotti -
      Congrats Tom S!
      Toycona -
      Congratulations Tom S...from one of the other Tom S entries! I was feeling lucky, and almost was!!
      Mandolin Cafe -
      OK, we've made contact. Tom S. is definitely in Massachusetts, said he's badly in need of a backup mandolin. Thanks to everyone that joined in. Sorry there couldn't be 6,586 winners. Look for another giveaway of D'Addario's new X Strings in the near future and there'll likely be 10 winners in that. Following that we are going to give away a very nice guitar as well but will hold off on that announcement for a while.
      Gunnar -
      Congrats Tom S!
      slimt -
      Congrats.
      Timbofood -
      I’m glad the suspense is over! Enjoy it Tom!
      Elliot Luber -
      Quote Originally Posted by Timbofood View Post
      I’m glad the suspense is over! Enjoy it Tom!
      Best of luck with it Tom! Thanks Waterloo. Always fun.