• Roots and Boots Music Camp Featuring John Reischman Announced

Boots and Roots Music Camp

Flagstaff, Ariz. — Roots and Boots Music Camp, a four day immersion camp for the study and enjoyment of Bluegrass, Folk and Acoustic Music styles will be held June 25-28 and welcomes John Reischman as lead mandolin instructor. Registration is now open!

Camp headquarters will be the Arizona Nordic Village, 21 miles north of Flagstaff, at the base of the mighty San Francisco Peaks — elevation 8,600 ft. — a magnificent spot in nature to "woodshed" and hone your musical skills with intensive lessons taught by renowned instructors in a supportive and fun environment.

In addition to John Reischman, the camp faculty includes K.C. Groves, Chris Brashear, Peter McLaughlin, Rebekah Rolland, Matt Rolland and Avram Siegel.

Please note: there are no beginner classes. Students should fit somewhere between Novice to Intermediate or Intermediate to Advanced.

At the conclusion of camp, stay and enjoy the Flagstaff Folk Festival, June 29–30.

In addition to being a charming and rustic site for Roots & Boots, the Arizona Nordic Center is ideally suited for visiting many wonderful destinations, should you consider extending your stay or bringing others with you that are not partaking in the camp.

Camp Vision

The concept behind the camp is to create a supportive "envelope" for learning and playing acoustic music in the beauty of nature where some of the best kind of music is made and from which we can draw inspiration. The immersion concept allows participants to fully focus, have access to our instructors for a deeper experience, and to share this knowledge with your fellow participants for a tribal/family experience. Our desire is that you will come away from the camp with a new set of musical skills, and a deeper sense of love, joy and appreciation for making music.

Additional Information

Comments 1 Comment
      Mark Gunter -
      This sounds like an awesome atmosphere with awesome timing to coincide with the Folk Festival. I hope it's a great success, because I'll be making an effort to attend in coming years. I envy anyone who is able to attend this event!