• Roland White and Friends: A Tribute To The Kentucky Colonels

Roland White and Friends: A Tribute To The Kentucky Colonels

Arden, NC — A living legend recently inducted into the International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame, master mandolin player and singer Roland White is celebrating a trailblazing period of his storied career with new recordings of songs he helped make classic.

Roland White and Friends: A Tribute to the Kentucky Colonels is a collection of hand-picked favorites that comprise an ultimate tribute to a groundbreaking era in the genre.

Featuring a broad range of some of today's most talked-about acoustic musicians and singers, the project offers a new take on the magic of the original music made by the Colonels in key live and studio recordings from the early 1960s.

The Kentucky Colonels, with the line-up Roland first formed in 1954, became one of roots music's most iconic bands. It is only now, decades later, that we can see the strong threads of musical influences the group has had on bluegrass and the greater acoustic music world.

With artists Brooke and Darin Aldridge, Kristin Scott Benson, Aaron Bibelhauser, Russ Carson, Jeremy Darrow, Nick Dauphinais, Gina Furtado, Jeremy Garrett, David Grier, Brittany Haas, Josh Haddix, Justin Hiltner, Lindsay Lou, Kimber Ludiker, Drew Matulich, Patrick McAvinue, Darren Nicholson, Lyndsay Pruett, Jon Stickley, Billy Strings, Molly Tuttle, and Jon Weisberger, Roland White and Friends: A Tribute to the Kentucky Colonels reignites the spirit of the past and brings it to the present, transforming the music into modern-day classics.

Track Listing

• If You're Ever Gonna Love Me
    • Nine Pound Hammer
    • I Am a Pilgrim
    • Little White Washed Chimney
    • Listen to the Mockingbird
    • Clinch Mountain Backstep
    • Roll in my Sweet Baby's Arms
    • Soldier's Joy/ Ragtime Annie
    • Why You Been Gone So Long
    • Alabama Jubilee
    • I Might Take You Back