• D'Addario Monel String Sets Giveaway

D'Addario Monel Mandolin Strings

Farmingdale, N.Y. — D'Addario has announced they are giving away sets of their new Monel mandolin strings along with a host of other D'Addario and Planet Waves accessories in a special giveaway hosted by the Mandolin Cafe.

Registration will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page 8:00 a.m. (Central) August 7 and conclude 8:00 a.m. August 14, and is open to all visitors from all locations. No purchase is necessary.

Twelve (12) winning entries will be selected upon completion of the giveaway with each winner receiving the following:

• 3 Sets EJM74 Mandolin Strings, Monel, Medium, 11-40
    • 3 Sets EJM75C Mandolin Strings, Monel, Medium Plus, 11-41
    • 1 D'Addario/Planet Waves NS micro tuner PW-CT-12
    • 3 Pack of Acrylux picks (2AR7-03, 2AN7-03)
    • 1 Strap 75M00
    • 1 Capo PW-CP-11

About D'Addario Monel Mandolin Strings

Monel is a classic nickel alloy that offers a balanced and natural tone popular among vintage enthusiasts. The new Monel Mandolin sets offer in loop-end construction for universal fit, featuring consistent, high-quality strings that have an unprecedented tone and tuning stability.

D'Addario Monel Mandolin string sets are $18.50 MSRP / $11.99 MAP.

Additional Information

Comments 22 Comments
      Roger Moss -
      Sounds good.
      Paul Statman -
      Sounds tasty - That's a whole lot of strings, and a box of goodies, to boot! Giving out 12 of these, so fangers, toes and eyes crossed over here.
      Thanks again to The Mandolin Cafe and D'Addario..and Yum!
      yankees1 -
      I just put a set on my Ellis F5 . They sound fine but I prefer GHS A270's to my ear.
      Doc Ivory -
      I"m ready!
      Bob Clark -
      I sure appreciate all these giveaway drawings Scott lines up for us. They are a lot of fun. I think they also show that the people making the things we use (mandolins, strings, amplifiers, etc) value the Cafe and its connection to all of us. What could be better?

BTW, the Schertler drawing a while back that I won has directly resulted in the sale of at least a couple of Schertler pickups that I am aware of. It has also made a number of players in my area aware of their great products and may result in more sales. I am really glad to see that working out for Schertler. I want our industry supporters to prosper as well. It is good for all of us!

Good luck!

Bob
      Paul Statman -
      Yes, it's all about the individual ear- and the individual mandolin..
      yankees1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mandopixie View Post
      Yes, it's all about the individual ear- and the individual mandolin..
      I think they would sound better too if they were free from winning a set !!
      Paul Statman -
      Quote Originally Posted by yankees1 View Post
      I think they would sound better too if they were free from winning a set !!
      I do believe that you are right in this thinking, yankees1. Hopefully, I'll be able to confirm or deny soon enough!
      Glassweb -
      I just put a set of these on my F5 and they sound fantastic. They also feel very smooth on the fingers. Might be my new go-to set... have been using the EXPs for awhile but these have a smoother, warmer sound... NICE!
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Registration has ended. We will be contacting the winning entries in a few minutes.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Winning entries have now been contacted by email.
      Paul Statman -
      Woo-hoo! I'm one of the dozen lucky winners, and boy, am I stoked!
      Thanks again to Scott and D'Addario for making my day today.
      Drew Egerton -
      dang! I was hoping for this one since I recently discovered another brand of Monels don't sound too bad at all and wanted to compare. Thanks anyway for the chance!
      Glassweb -
      I won... I won! Many thanks to Scott and DA for this fantastic surprise. I am a convert to the Monel sound just recently so this is really great timing! By the way Drew, (above) I have played both the D'Addario Monels and another leading brand and prefer the DAs... I think their high-carbon steel formula (this is used in the EXP strings as well) makes the difference...
      Trey Young -
      Just checked my email and saw that I won too! Thanks Scott for making such a great place for us mandolin lovers!
      RobP -
      Congrats to the winners! It will be fun to try new strings I'm sure!
      William Smith -
      Congrats winners, not me I guess I'll have to buy some to see what the fuss is about as I've never tried monel strings. Are they an old type of string? recipe?
      Mandolin Cafe -
      All 12 winning entries have replied back to us with mailing addresses. My D'Addario contact tells me the items should be shipping Friday.
      mandolin74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      All 12 winning entries have replied back to us with mailing addresses. My D'Addario contact tells me the items should be shipping Friday.
      Thank you so much Scott! I am one of the lucky winners. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful resource here with the mandolin café. I enjoy this site so much.

**** And thank you to D'addario **** I have used J74 strings for the past 25 years.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      FYI to winners -

Our D'Addario contact indicated winning items should starting shipping late today or early tomorrow.