• Mandolin Fretboard Atlas: Get a Better Grip on Neck Navigation

Mandolin Fretboard Atlas: Get a Better Grip on Neck NavigationMilwaukee, Wisc. — Hal Leonard publishers has announced the publication of Mandolin Fretboard Atlas: Get a Better Grip on Neck Navigation, by Joe Charupakorn.

From Hal Leonard: "Mastering the mandolin neck can be a challenge, even for very experienced players.

"The diagrams in the book will help you quickly memorize scales and chords that may have previously seemed difficult to grasp.

"You'll be able to easily see and understand how scale and chord shapes are laid out and how they connect and overlap across the neck.

"The material is presented in all 12 keys, using complete 12-fret neck diagrams with color-coded displays of the most common fingerings."

Suggested retail is $19.99.

Additional Information

Comments 5 Comments
      B381 -
      Is it in print yet?

Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
      Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      I'd check with Hal Leonard on their purchase lead time. The publish date was listed as over a week ago.
      Mandolin Wild -
      Quote Originally Posted by B381 View Post
      Is it in print yet?
      I just ordered it from Amazon and the expected delivery date is Jul 24 - Aug 14. I'm guessing they are just starting to ship them out to retailers.
      Christine Robins -
      Looks interesting. But I'm rather cautious about another mando book written by a guitarist. His website says nothing about him playing mandolin.

And Hal Leonard doesn't have a preview option up at Amazon. (There is a preview on Amazon of his Guitar Fretboard Atlas. Hundreds of of colored dots. I'd find it rather overwhelming.)
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christine Robins View Post
      Looks interesting. But I'm rather cautious about another mando book written by a guitarist. His website says nothing about him playing mandolin.

And Hal Leonard doesn't have a preview option up at Amazon. (There is a preview on Amazon of his Guitar Fretboard Atlas. Hundreds of of colored dots. I'd find it rather overwhelming.)
      There is this on the Hal Leonard site, accessible from the front page we linked to in the article.