• Schertler GIULIA Amp Giveaway

Schertler GIULIA Y Amp Giveaway

Mendrisio, Switzerland — Schertler Group and the Mandolin Cafe are combining to give away a Schertler GIULIA amp to one lucky registrant chosen at random.

The giveaway will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page 9:30 a.m. Central, March 21 and conclude a week later at the same time on March 28.

The giveaway will be open to all visitors. No purchase is necessary to enter.

The ultra-compact GIULIA is ideal for small venues, home studios or for practice. Weighing in at under 14 lbs, the single channel amp has the same high quality sound, appearance and robust construction as its larger Schertler siblings DAVID and UNICO.

Equipped with a 1" dome tweeter and 5" woofer, GIULIA offers 50W of bi-amplified power. Its input channel can accommodate both XLR and 1/4" Jack connectors, making it suitable for use with a wide range of microphones including Schertler’s DYN and STAT series, or the BASIK pickup. Phantom power (48V and 10V) is supplied. The input can also be used for a guitar or other high level line source, with the amplifier's intelligent electronics automatically adapting to suit. The channel also has 3-band EQ and Warm low-pass filter to produce a warmer sound when used with bridge-mounted pickups.

Separate Line and DI outputs enable connection to a mixer, subwoofer or other external device.

GIULIA is also equipped with a high-quality digital reverb (controlled via potentiometer) and an Insert socket, enabling the connection of an external dynamics processor or a volume pedal.

The GIULIA amp is a retail value of $392.15.

About Schertler Group

Technical Specifications

• Weight - 13.86 lbs.
    • Dimensions - 10.6" x 7.1" x 11.2"
    • Frequency Response - 80 Hz to 18 kHz (+/-3dB)
    • Speakers - 1" dome tweeter, 5" woofer
    • Construction - Plywood
    • Channels - 1 channel
    • Outputs - DI, Line out
    • Phantom Power - 24V on XLR and 10V on 1/4" Jack
    • Effect - Digital reverb
    • Preamp - Class-A
    • Power - 50W Bi-amplified

Additional Information

Comments 25 Comments
      mandomurph -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob Clark View Post
      I enjoyed reading the guesses! The correct answer is winery. My wife and I have an artisanal farm winery here in beautiful Salem County, NJ. I thought it would make an interesting background for the photos.

As for the acoustics of that space, bright and complex, especially when the tanks are empty. Right now they are all full of aging wine.

Thanks and best wishes,

Bob
      Can't think of a better place to pick and sip.
      CES -
      Congratulations, Bob! Always love it when a Cafe regular wins one of these!
      mandroid -
      I had my sleep cycle really screwed up working overnight at a winery at harvest doing crush, filtering and seeds and stem shoveling
      as a hireling, in Napa and Lake counties , 3+ decades ago when the housing was somewhat affordable..
      Bob Clark -
      Quote Originally Posted by mandroid View Post
      I had my sleep cycle really screwed up working overnight at a winery at harvest doing crush, filtering and seeds and stem shoveling
      as a hireling, in Napa and Lake counties , 3+ decades ago when the housing was somewhat affordable..
      But I'll bet you ended up with some great stories!
      Bob Clark -
      I have finally been able to give it a try and I am happy to report that it sounds great! I had to purchase a mic or pickup to try it out and after some deliberation, I purchased a Schertler Basik.

This is a contact microphone-type pickup that is held in place by a small dab of putty and so it is easily moved instrument-to-instrument. It came today and I tried it on my Phoenix Neoclassical, my Crystal Forest A/N Flat top, and my Weber very long-scale mandola (CGDA). I didn't know what to expect because this is Schertler's base model pickup and is quite reasonably priced.

Wow, was I pleased with what I heard. Each of the three instruments sound like themselves, but louder. The 'warm' setting does warm them up, and the reverb really sounds natural, even as you turn it up a ways. I had no problem at all with feedback, and no problem with accidental mic noises. The mic is small enough that it is very to avoid bumping it.

The combination of this handy, portable amp and this simple contact mic seems to be just right for the use I will put it to. I was hoping it would sound acoustic rather than electric and it really does. It sounds wonderful.

Again, thanks Schertler and Mandolin Cafe for this great prize.