• Collings MT2 Cremona Sunburst Finish Giveaway

Collings MT2 Cremona Sunburst Finish Giveaway

Austin, Texas — Collings Guitars and Mandolins and the Mandolin Cafe are combining resources to give away a Collings MT2 Mandolin finished in their new Cremona sunburst finish on display at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif.

Included in the giveaway will be a Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case.

The Collings MT2 given away will be Adirondack spruce top with Eastern flamed maple back, sides and neck, Ebony peghead veneer with mother of pearl Collings logo and flourish.

The retail value of the mandolin with Collings' original vintage-style case is $4,400.

The giveaway will be open to all visitors to the Mandolin Cafe from all international locations and will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page Feb. 28. One lucky winner will be selected at random and notified upon completion of the giveaway at 9:00 a.m. Central, March 10. No purchase is necessary to enter and business partners of the Mandolin Cafe and Collings are not eligible.

Specifications - Collings MT2 Giveaway Mandolin

• Top - Adirondack spruce
    • Back/Sides/Neck - Eastern flamed maple
    • Soundhole - F-holes
    • Body Binding - Ivoroid with b/w top and side purfling
    • Fingerboard Binding - Ivoroid with b/w side purfling
    • Peghead Binding - Ivoroid with b/w side purfling
    • Bracing - Tone bars
    • Bridge - Ebony w/ Adjustable Saddle
    • Fingerboard - Ebony w/ MOP dots
    • Nut - 1 1/8"
    • String Spacing - 1 9/16"
    • Neck Profile - Rounded V
    • Neck Joint - Dovetail
    • Frets - Medium 18% nickel-silver
    • Truss Rod - Fully Adjustable
    • Peghead Veneer - Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo and flourish
    • Tuners - Nickel Gotoh w/ ivoroid buttons
    • Scale Length - 13 7/8"
    • Fingerboard Radius - 5 1/2" - 11 5/8" compound
    • Body Finish - High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
    • Pickguard - None
    • Tailpiece - Collings original tailpiece
    • Strings - D'Addario EJ74 (.011" - .040")
    • Case - Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case

Inside Collings Mandolins

About Collings Original Vintage-style Cases

* Mandolin shown here is the same model and finish but not the mandolin being given away as that one is currently in production.
    Comments 108 Comments
      Mark Gunter -
      Congratulations Kyle, and kudos on the great website and the album! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
      Denman John -
      Congratulations Kyle! That will go nicely with your new Gibson. I know you'll put it to good use!
      soliver -
      Congrats to Kyle!... looks like I’m gonna hav tonchecknout tht link above!!!
      LadysSolo -
      If it couldn't be me I'm glad it's going to go to someone who can enjoy it for many years. Enjoy, and play it in good health!
      jasona -
      I look forward to hearing you on that mandolin Kyle! Congrats!
      Kyle J Ledson -
      Thank you everyone! I’m so excited to play this thing!
      clem -
      SO xlnt all the way 'round...Collings are such great folks, Mandolin Cafe is such great on-line community and resource and Kyle will have a lifetime to spread the joy of mandolin music, community and the never ending quest for excellence. KUDOS to all involved.
      Kevin Winn -
      Just checked out Kyle's site. Very impressive. That MT is going to get played a lot, methinks...

Congrats Kyle!
      abmatt -
      Well, that is just great news. Couldn't have ended better. Now we just need to see some video!
      Timbofood -
      Cool!
      wannabemusician -
      This would make me feel like a pro.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Here's what a happy winner of our Collings Giveaway looks like, below. Kyle is fierce on mandolin! There's a video somewhere of him sitting in with Yonder Mountain String Band and apparently he hangs out with them enough to get one of them to back him up. He's got chops!

This from Kyle just now:

The MT2 arrived safely on Friday. Luckily, my Dad kept it hidden for 24 hours so I wouldn’t go crazy waiting out the stabilization time. It is absolutely amazing. Love at first sight. I can never thank you guys enough- what a dream come true!

We recorded a video of the unboxing and also got to play a quick fiddle tune with Ben Kaufmann from Yonder Mountain String Band. (Ben played along on his Collings guitar!) So we’ll be putting the final touches on that and I’ll post it to my YouTube page and send you guys a link.

Attachment 167054

Attachment 167055

Attachment 167056

Attachment 167057
      Bob Clark -
      I really like that this one went to a young, rising star. I hope this is a real boost to your career whatever your aspirations may be, and that it carries you far. I am sure you will really enjoy it! Thanks again to the Cafe and this great sponsor for the fun we have all had watching this drawing.
      Eric Hanson -
      +1
      Congrats on being selected! We will look forward to your opening video, and the spntanious playing that ensued.
      Play on, Kyle! Play on!
      grassrootphilosopher -
      Great! Let the young ones have good instruments. Looking forward to the video.
      Daniel Nestlerode -
      Glad it went to someone who will use it and really benefit from it!

Daniel
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Check this out. The video of Kyle unpacking and test driving his new Collings mandolin.
      Lane Pryce -
      Best unboxing yet! Lp
      BrianWilliam -
      Well done! Enjoy it Kyle!
      Luna Pick -
      Fabulous, two thumbs up. And kudos to the photographer and creative director: nice work.