• Collings MT2 Cremona Sunburst Finish Giveaway

Collings MT2 Cremona Sunburst Finish Giveaway

Austin, Texas — Collings Guitars and Mandolins and the Mandolin Cafe are combining resources to give away a Collings MT2 Mandolin finished in their new Cremona sunburst finish on display at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif.

Included in the giveaway will be a Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case.

The Collings MT2 given away will be Adirondack spruce top with Eastern flamed maple back, sides and neck, Ebony peghead veneer with mother of pearl Collings logo and flourish.

The retail value of the mandolin with Collings' original vintage-style case is $4,400.

The giveaway will be open to all visitors to the Mandolin Cafe from all international locations and will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page Feb. 28. One lucky winner will be selected at random and notified upon completion of the giveaway at 9:00 a.m. Central, March 10. No purchase is necessary to enter and business partners of the Mandolin Cafe and Collings are not eligible.

Specifications - Collings MT2 Giveaway Mandolin

• Top - Adirondack spruce
    • Back/Sides/Neck - Eastern flamed maple
    • Soundhole - F-holes
    • Body Binding - Ivoroid with b/w top and side purfling
    • Fingerboard Binding - Ivoroid with b/w side purfling
    • Peghead Binding - Ivoroid with b/w side purfling
    • Bracing - Tone bars
    • Bridge - Ebony w/ Adjustable Saddle
    • Fingerboard - Ebony w/ MOP dots
    • Nut - 1 1/8"
    • String Spacing - 1 9/16"
    • Neck Profile - Rounded V
    • Neck Joint - Dovetail
    • Frets - Medium 18% nickel-silver
    • Truss Rod - Fully Adjustable
    • Peghead Veneer - Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo and flourish
    • Tuners - Nickel Gotoh w/ ivoroid buttons
    • Scale Length - 13 7/8"
    • Fingerboard Radius - 5 1/2" - 11 5/8" compound
    • Body Finish - High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
    • Pickguard - None
    • Tailpiece - Collings original tailpiece
    • Strings - D'Addario EJ74 (.011" - .040")
    • Case - Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case

Inside Collings Mandolins

About Collings Original Vintage-style Cases

* Mandolin shown here is the same model and finish but not the mandolin being given away as that one is currently in production.
    Comments 108 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Registration has ended.

We are in the process of selecting and contacting the single winning entry out of well over 13,000 that entered.

And if you aren't a winner, don't fret (pun intended) as we have THREE more really cool giveaways coming in the next few months. Two of them are for red hot new mandolins.
      Russ Donahue -
      I am standing by, waiting for the good news!
      soliver -
      Anyone know who won yet?
      HonketyHank -
      I am turning blue. Gonna have to take a breath sometime soon.
      Kevin Stueve -
      still isn't me
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Kyle L. in Nebraska (we think, from the IP address) was selected as the winning entry but we need to get in touch first before it becomes official. Awaiting his reply.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      I just spoke with Kyle.

email addresses and names don't always give off accurate information so was surprised to learn two things about him:

He is not in Nebraska, which was what I thought the IP gave off, he's actually in California not far from where the Grass Valley Bluegrass festival is located which he has attended in the past. Second surprise: he's 16 years old, has been playing mandolin for awhile and has a web site devoted to his music. He's pretty serious about this it appears.

He was pretty flipped out about it, and who wouldn't be? Said he didn't mind us sharing his web site. Congrats, Kyle!
      Russ Donahue -
      Congratulations Kyle!
      Sherry Cadenhead -
      Kyle, I can't think of anyone in (on?) the Cafe I'd rather have won this beautiful instrument. (Well, me, maybe.) Bonus: you 'll have many more years to enjoy it than most of the rest of us.

I look forward to checking out your music. Please post vids of playing with the new Collings.
      Luna Pick -
      This is great, surprises all around. Congratulations Kyle!
      Zach Wilson -
      Right on!
      Clement Barrera-Ng -
      Sounds like the Collings will be in good hands. and glad it's coming to my home state. Congrats Kyle!
      HonketyHank -
      I guess finishing up at tied for second place isn't a terrible result. Just gotta move up one slot for the next drawing.
      pops1 -
      I like all of us was hoping I would win, but...... a 16 year old GREAT. Nothing better than our youth playing acoustic instruments and carrying the tradition on. CONGRATULATIONS KYLE.
      George R. Lane -
      I watched a couple of the videos and now I know it is going to someone who will do it justice. Congratulations Kyle and let her sing.
      MikeZito -
      EXCELLENT news . . . .
      MissingString -
      This is fantastic, congrats Kyle - hope you enjoy for many years to come. Thanks also to Mandolin Cafe and Collings, that’s one heck of a give away. #unboxingvideo

Just checked out Kyle’s website. He’s the real deal. Something is seriously right in the world today. Great news!
      Baron Collins-Hill -
      Couldn't think of a better winner! Go Kyle go!
      Northwest Steve -
      Awesome that it is going to some one who could use it and probably could not afford it. Congrats and play the heck out of that thing.
      colorado_al -
      Congratulations Kyle! Looking forward to hearing it on your next album! Great that it is going to an up-and-coming artist, and not an old man like me.