• The Mandolin Store Pono Octave Mandolin Giveaway

Pono Octave MandolinSurprise, Ariz. — The Mandolin Store and Mandolin Cafe have announced a special Pono Octave Mandolin Giveaway coming in early August.

Registration will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page on August 6 with a single winner randomly selected on August 12, 9:30 a.m. Central. No purchase is necessary to enter and registration is open to all site visitors regardless of location.

The instrument being given away is a Pono M-20SB Octave – Mahogany Sunburst and deluxe hardshell case, a suggested retail value of $1,499.00, the actual instrument shown here.

Specs

• Solid Mahogany back and sides
    • Solid Engleman Spruce top
    • 21.5" Scale
    • 1-3/8" Bone Nut
    • Adjustable truss rod
    • Ebony wood binding
    • Rope rosette
    • Solid headstock
    • Satin Sunburst finish
    • Deluxe hardshell case

From Kilin Reece, designer of the Pono Octave

"Drawing from the best guitars and mandolins that I have been building, repairing and playing for the last 25 years, I knew that the concept would work, and I knew that there were many mandolinists, guitarists and multi-instrumentalists out there that would be eager to pick it up, and get inspired with a new voice in their acoustic arsenal.

"Having worked for John Kitakis and the Ko'olau Guitar and Ukulele Company for many years, I knew that a collaboration with Pono would insure the highest standards in an all solid wood instrument of exacting specifications and maximum tonal potential.

"We shared the dream to make the concept accessible to working musicians and devoted students worldwide, people often unable to commission small high end boutique builders in the creation of an idea such as this."

About The Mandolin Store

"Our goal at The Mandolin Store is to provide you with the best playing and sounding mandolins possible. For over a decade we have been supplying quality mandolins with expert set up to players around the world. Whether you're a beginner, a weekend player, or a professional musician, we can put the right instrument in your hands. In today's internet world, it only makes since to shop at a store you can trust to offer an incredible selection and legendary customer service."

— Dennis Vance, Founder

Additional Information

Comments 10 Comments
      NehlBo -
      Wow. Beautiful instruments, that sound just as amazing.
      Thanks for posting this video.
      Rick Purcell -
      This would be just the perfect new instrument for me. Thanks to the Cafe and the Mando Store for sponsoring the giveaway. Good luck to everybody; somebody is going to be real happy.
      DixieDarlene -
      Is that gorgeous or what!!! I love it!
      zedmando -
      Hmm, cool--that would make a nice addition to a couple of song ideas I've been working on for mandolin.
      yankees1 -
      I would love to try it ! I spend two winter months near Scottsdale so I will stop by the store !
      Sytse -
      Beautifull sound! Very cool instruments!
      Bill Snyder -
      ??
      OneChordTrick -
      Think I'm going to tell you that you might win my mandolin

Follow the link at the top of this thread to the article. At the top of that page there's another link if you follow that it should take you there.
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Registration has ended in The Mandolin Store Pono Octave Mandolin Giveaway, a $1,499.00 value. Congratulations to our winner Julia R. in Alabama. A special thanks to our sponsor The Mandolin Store.
      Golffool -
      My wife is the winner but she does not play. Oh well I will help her out.