• GHS Pure Nickel Mandolin Strings Giveaway

Pure Nickel Mandolin Strings Giveaway Starts This Monday
    Battle Creek, Mich. — GHS Strings and the Mandolin Cafe are set to give away sets of the new GHS Pure Nickel Mandolin Strings to 12 visitors to the Mandolin Cafe.

Registration for the giveaway will commence Monday at noon, Central Time, from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page.

12 lucky winners will be chosen at random the following Friday at noon Central Time. Each winning entry will receive three sets of GHS Pure Nickel Mandolin Strings (winner's choice of med-light or medium) and a GHS Flannel Polishing Cloth.

The giveaway is open to all visitors to the Mandolin Cafe from all national and international locations.

You do not need to be a member of the Mandolin Cafe Forum in order to enter and no purchase is necessary.

About GHS Pure Nickel Mandolin Strings

The strings custom gauges were chosen to provide a more balanced sound and give a comfortable feel across fingers and fretboard. They are perfect for players looking for authentic tone on vintage mandolins, or wanting more richness and depth of tone from new mandolins. The new Pure Nickel Mandolin strings are available in two gauge sets, from 010 1/2-039 to 011-041.

Pure Nickel strings were commonly available in the 1950s and 60s. Their popularity waned when the increasing cost of nickel and number of rock players investigating the effects of "cranking up" encouraged string manufacturer to explore different metal mixes.

Additional Information

Comments 6 Comments
      yankees1 -
      The only drawing I ever won was the 1969 lottery for the draft which took me to Vietnam !
      pops1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by yankees1 View Post
      The only drawing I ever won was the 1969 lottery for the draft which took me to Vietnam !
      Mine was number 2, I enlisted in the Navy instead.
      Bill McCall -
      Didn't win either, but JustStrings has them so I bit. Less than the D'Addario NB.
      rodarbal -
      I lucked out at #253 but already took my navy physical. They only took to 100 in 1972
      mandroid -
      I was expecting the worst as I approached graduation, So I too went in the Navy,
      6 mos after.. 12/66.

Nuclear Submarine..
      Bill Kammerzell -
      A big win for me too!