• Saga Introduces Redesigned Deluxe Kentucky F-Models

Saga Introduces Redesigned Deluxe Kentucky F-Models

L-R: KM-750, KM-751, KM-755 & KM-756

San Francisco, Calif. — Saga Musical Instruments has announced their newly redesigned Kentucky KM-750 Deluxe F-model mandolin series.

Available in four lacquer finish options: Traditional Tobacco Sunburst, Jet Black, Vintage Amberburst, and Transparent Brown, these mandolins faithfully maintain the delicate balance between high-quality materials, exceptional playability, and tonal perfection for a fair price.

From the delicate lines of the hand carved and graduated body and comfortable fast action neck – both hand constructed from the finest dry-aged European tonewoods available - Kentucky designers studied every angle and employed almost 40 years of experience to recreate the entire line from the inside out.

Like all Kentucky mandolins, the KM-750 series is meticulously constructed to the highest standards possible to achieve the quality of tone and level of refinement that easily surpasses our most legendary mandolins of the past.

Deluxe Series Kentucky F-model mandolins also include a host of other professional features like high quality nickel-plated engraved tuners and tailpiece, a bone nut and adjustable rosewood bridge, and fingerboard with medium-sized frets.

After the roll-out of the 750 series, similar future plans include changes to the KM-650 (including the new "stripped down" model KM-606) and KM-550 series.

Examples of the KM-750 series are expected to be on display in the Saga Musical Instruments booth at the 2017 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif., January 19-22.

Additional Information

Comments 13 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Because we know someone will ask: we don't have suggested retail prices and they weren't offered with the news release but pretty sure a few dealers hanging out here will know.
      Folkmusician.com -
      Thanks for the news Scott!

These four mandolins retail for $1295 each. Of course street prices will be a bit lower.

I have personally seen the KM-750 (sunburst) and KM-756 (brown), and they are very nice. A good upgrade over previous Kentucky F-models with the exception of the KM-1000 and higher.
      Petrus -
      A varnish option would be nice. One just hopes that lacquer ain't overly thick.
      Ivan Kelsall -
      I know that it's purely a matter of preference,but it would have been nice to have had a bound headstock just to finish them off. Other than that,they do seem to be a very nice mandolin,
      Ivan
      DataNick -
      They look to be an interesting option at that price point. If one were considering an acquisition, I would suggest customizing the order with an ebony bridge like a full contact CA. I wonder about the lacquer finish as well.
      Willie Poole -
      It would seem that at these prices those new mandolins will be made at factories other than where the KM-900`s through the KM-1500`s are made, so are they really an upgrade or just the same as always with different color schemes to choose from?

Willie
      Bob Buckingham -
      Will they go with heavier frets and cast tailpieces?
      mandroid -
      OK So what were the Design changes ?, the Press release gives no details,

structural or just Finish shading, trim details?

of course people will want to know... is the sound better? ..
      Darren Bailey -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
      I know that it's purely a matter of preference,but it would have been nice to have had a bound headstock just to finish them off. Other than that,they do seem to be a very nice mandolin,
      Ivan
      I may be wrong Ivan, but the head stock on my 630 appears to have paint rather than actual binding. Perhaps someone can confirm one way or another.
      Lorenzo LaRue -
      I'm confused as to what is new about these mandos. Isn't it that they are just trying to sell more cheap, uninspiring tools. It just seems like so much nothing. Even the Breedloves sound so much better than any Kentucky below their 1000 model. And maybe I'm just too jaded.
      jimmy powells -
      I agree with Ivan. A bound neck never looks right without the head stock being bound. Also I'd have preferred a short, scooped normal shape fingerboard extension. I've never liked this shape but that's just me.
      The non sunburst brown shaded top looks unappealing.
      DavidKOS -
      Quote Originally Posted by jimmy powells View Post
      Also I'd have preferred a short, scooped normal shape fingerboard extension. I've never liked this shape but that's just me.
      Well, at least no one will need to do a "Florida-ectomy" on these mandolins - Saga knows their target market.
      ninarizzo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Because we know someone will ask: we don't have suggested retail prices and they weren't offered with the news release but pretty sure a few dealers hanging out here will know.
      I recently bought a mint condition Kentucky KM-751 for 400.00 with gator case. It has a very sweet sound but not a lot of punch - I'm considering putting a CA full contact bridge on it. Worth the expense? When I bought my KM-270 on ebay - it already had the CA bridge and it seems like it's louder than the 751. What do you think?