• Schertler GIULIA Amp Giveaway

Schertler GIULIA Y Amp Giveaway

Mendrisio, Switzerland — Schertler Group and the Mandolin Cafe are combining to give away a Schertler GIULIA amp to one lucky registrant chosen at random.

The giveaway will commence from a link on the Mandolin Cafe home page 9:30 a.m. Central, March 21 and conclude a week later at the same time on March 28.

The giveaway will be open to all visitors. No purchase is necessary to enter.

The ultra-compact GIULIA is ideal for small venues, home studios or for practice. Weighing in at under 14 lbs, the single channel amp has the same high quality sound, appearance and robust construction as its larger Schertler siblings DAVID and UNICO.

Equipped with a 1" dome tweeter and 5" woofer, GIULIA offers 50W of bi-amplified power. Its input channel can accommodate both XLR and 1/4" Jack connectors, making it suitable for use with a wide range of microphones including Schertler’s DYN and STAT series, or the BASIK pickup. Phantom power (48V and 10V) is supplied. The input can also be used for a guitar or other high level line source, with the amplifier's intelligent electronics automatically adapting to suit. The channel also has 3-band EQ and Warm low-pass filter to produce a warmer sound when used with bridge-mounted pickups.

Separate Line and DI outputs enable connection to a mixer, subwoofer or other external device.

GIULIA is also equipped with a high-quality digital reverb (controlled via potentiometer) and an Insert socket, enabling the connection of an external dynamics processor or a volume pedal.

The GIULIA amp is a retail value of $392.15.

About Schertler Group

Technical Specifications

• Weight - 13.86 lbs.
    • Dimensions - 10.6" x 7.1" x 11.2"
    • Frequency Response - 80 Hz to 18 kHz (+/-3dB)
    • Speakers - 1" dome tweeter, 5" woofer
    • Construction - Plywood
    • Channels - 1 channel
    • Outputs - DI, Line out
    • Phantom Power - 24V on XLR and 10V on 1/4" Jack
    • Effect - Digital reverb
    • Preamp - Class-A
    • Power - 50W Bi-amplified

Additional Information

Comments 25 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Quick note about the origination of this giveaway.

A few months ago I obtained a different but similar Schertler amp, the GIULIA Y in wood color. It's a beast, beautiful, simple to use, and does everything I need. Makes my mandolin still sound like an acoustic instrument and has all kinds of possibilities for times I want a little more reverb, lows/highs, etc. and it can rattle the windows if needed. Perfect for the kind of gigs I do and weighs a fraction of what I've been toting around for years. Absolutely love it. At the Winter NAMM Show this past January I asked Drago, the Schertler Rep, if they'd consider doing a giveaway with us They agreed, and here we are.

Starts Wednesday, same rules apply and the giveaway is open to all visitors to the site.
      Freddyfingers -
      They make really good gear. My Jam is one of the few amplifiers that I never resold. Always complimented on the sound quality, and that such a small foot print makes so much full sound. I will enter this contest for sure!
      ferrousgeek -
      I'm curious as to the phantom power. The text lists it as 48v, but the specs say 24v. Does anyone know the actual phantom output?
      MISTAHCOUGHDROP -
      I use their pick up for my mandolin and love it. Would be sweet to combine it with this little amp champ!
      JonDevin -
      Quote Originally Posted by ferrousgeek View Post
      I'm curious as to the phantom power. The text lists it as 48v, but the specs say 24v. Does anyone know the actual phantom output?
      The Schertler website says 48v.
      pops1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ferrousgeek View Post
      It does say 48v, and on the tech page it says 24v. There are two leads for the phantom so could each be.... 24v+24v = 48v
      Andy Boden -
      I know it doesn't necessarily have my name on it, but feel free to send it anyway
      Mtl Seán -
      I asked schertler if the Giulia would support an akg c414 since it needs 48v phantom and specs state24v....
      The next day a rep got back to me and said the would be no problem. He gave me a link to an article in which Stephan
      Schertler explains what it all means lol it’s above my pay grade but i’m learnin lol. You’re looking for 22 09 2017 ��

https://secure.schertler.com/en_CH/t...22&sn=JOPSEOL8
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Took a peek just for fun and our winning entry just contacted (haven't heard back from him yet) is among us as a member!
      Bob Clark -
      Thank you Scott and all my friends at Mandolin Cafe. How generous of the folks at Schertler to support our community in this way. It is very exciting to win this great prize. I really appreciate all that this wonderful musical community does for us every day!
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Bob sent over a couple of photos of the amp he won. Those are his stickers on them, we didn't place them there!

Attachment 166550

Attachment 166551
      Jim Garber -
      Cool! Is that a brewery he is sitting in or some sort of 21st Century men's room?
      grassrootphilosopher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
      Cool! Is that a brewery he is sitting in or some sort of 21st Century men's room?
      I thought that Bob´s probably working on a dairy farm...

... or at a winery...

... olive oil mill ...

Whatever, Bob don´t keep us in suspense. What are those tanks for? How are the acoustics there?

Enjoy the amp!
      Bob Clark -
      Quote Originally Posted by grassrootphilosopher View Post
      I thought that Bob´s probably working on a dairy farm...

... or at a winery...

... olive oil mill ...

Whatever, Bob don´t keep us in suspense. What are those tanks for? How are the acoustics there?

Enjoy the amp!
      I enjoyed reading the guesses! The correct answer is winery. My wife and I have an artisanal farm winery here in beautiful Salem County, NJ. I thought it would make an interesting background for the photos.

As for the acoustics of that space, bright and complex, especially when the tanks are empty. Right now they are all full of aging wine.

Thanks and best wishes,

Bob
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
      He mentioned a winery but didn't say if it was his or not. His email address seems to indicate he operates some type of farm. He's a member so maybe he'll chime in.
      Traveling Tracks -
      Hey Bob....very cool....maybe one day I can bring my wife to check it out.....we're straight down Rt. 40 in Mays Landing....not too far from you....small world!!
      JerseyPicker -
      I'm from Mays Landing myself :-). Small world indeed.
      Bob Clark -
      Hello to my neighbors over in Mays Landing. That's not too far away. I just PM'd you.

Best wishes,

Bob
      grassrootphilosopher -
      Yay Bob... a winery...

Quelle cepage... Entschuldigung ... what variety of grapes?

New Jersey (do you have a New Joysee accent?) does not strike me as a typical wine spot. Neither is the Fraueninsel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHu-3tCxmvI) where I live (believe you me: they speak a strong local dialect!) or the Camel Valley (https://www.camelvalley.com/) in Cornwall, England (they export quite a bit... to east Asia if I´m not mistaken).

Nice pictures; and once again: Enjoy.
      Bob Clark -
      Hello Olaf,

No Joisee accent here, for two reasons. First, this part of the state (extreme Southwestern NJ) doesn't have the accent. Second, I am a transplant from Rhode Island but after nearly 40 years, much of that accent is gone as well.

This area has an abundance of wineries. This is a very agricultural region with the Delaware Bay on one side of the state and the Atlantic on the other. Makes for a mild climate and long growing season. In my case, I have been farming here for well over 30 years. I'd tell you all about the farm and winery, but I don't want to inadvertently violate any Cafe policies. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to learn more.

Let me just say that I am making fine table wines without any grapes at all. I grow Asian tree fruit (Asian pears, Japanese plums and Fuji apples) and make fine wines (not typical fruit wines) from these fruit very much in the way you would make red wines from grapes. I make a full range of wines, dry to sweet, without grapes using only fruit grown in my orchards. As we say here, "Absolutely no grapes were harmed in the making of these wines."

Best wishes,

Bob