• Gold Tone Seeks Beta Testers with Introduction of Loop2Learn

Gold Tone Introduces Loop2Learn AppTitusville, Fla. — Gold Tone has announced the creation of a new mobile application called Loop 2 Learn.

Probably the most effective way to learn new music is by hearing and seeing it played on video. Most musicians have used You Tube videos or videos shot from our mobile devices.

How does L2L help learn from videos?

1. Any section of a video may be looped by choosing your start and end points. The loop then will play continually.
    2. Once a loop is made the passage may be slowed down from 10-60% and the audio will retain the same pitch. You may also speed the loop.
    3. For repetitive learning you can set the number of repeats and then the video will play as normal
    4. Once a loop is made the starting and end points can be easily adjusted foward or backwards to fine tune the loop points.
    5. A loop can be saved and named with the last used speed.

As part of the pending launch of Loop2Learn, Gold Tone is seeking 20 beta testers.

FAQ

Is L2L available for iOS and android devices ?

• iOS edition is now in beta testing and scheldule release on Apples I tune store is July 1, 2017. Android edition is set for release August 1, 2017.

How much does it cost?

• Introduction special price is 1.99.

What format videos will it play?

• All YouTube videos and videos taken from a portable devise. Other video platforms sometimes will work by pasting the URL.

How complex is it to work?

• Very simple ! L2L is extremely intuitive and in minutes you'll be able to learn all the functions. Of course written and video instructions are included.

Can I slow down the video without looping?
    • Yes, this in itself is a great practicing tool

Sounds like I can use this app for learning about any skill?

• Yes L2L will assist retention for any skill like dancing, learning languages, acting etc.

Additional Information

Comments 6 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Curious if anyone has signed up for the beta and how the communication is going on that front?
      Jill McAuley -
      I signed up but have heard nothing back from them as yet. Maybe they already had gotten their 20 beta testers lined up by the time I applied?
      Drew Streip -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Curious if anyone has signed up for the beta and how the communication is going on that front?
      I signed up and received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon. I have not downloaded the app yet, but plan to spend some time with it over the next week (after helping my girlfriend move this weekend).
      Jill McAuley -
      Spoke to soon - just got an acceptance email meself! Downloaded the app and will play around with it later today when all me errands are done!
      Jill McAuley -
      Well so far I'm really enjoying playing around with this app! I used it to learn a reel, "The Mullingar Races", from a Stevie Dunne video. Really allowed me to see and hear what he's doing as regards ornamentation and variations. Quite easy to isolate and loop the A and B parts of the tune. Also the slow down function worked well. I'm sure some folks will comment that you can already slow down Youtube videos, but the function on the app gives you much more flexibility to do so and so far from my experience with it doesn't degrade the sound to the point of it being unrecognizable. In a nutshell - I'm a fan! Will definitely be getting the full version of this when it's released. Looking forward to using it with jazz drumming videos as well to figure out some of the solos of my favourite drummers!
      biologyprof -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Communication so far has been limited to the one email telling me how to proceed as a beta tester. That came only one day after I sent my initial request to beta test this app. Quick reply. So, I've been using L2L for 3-4 days. It's very easy and intuitive to learn. The short video explains it all. I've used it so far to isolate and loop the A part from the B part of some tunes I'm working on. Saved them all with the help of the app. Then I loop the part I want to work on and listen a few times to get it in my head. I'll next try to play along while the loop continues to show me the way. This reputation really enhances my learning. It also seems that I've learned these tunes a little quicker with the help of the app than without it. Maybe it just seems that way because I'm having fun. Of course the slowdown feature is a bonus and a big learning aid for me with difficult and not-so-difficult licks and passages. So far I'm finding this very useful for learning tunes. It's also going to be useful in learning to tie new fly patterns for one of my other obsession. Many uses I'm certain. No downside noted to date.