• Jenni Lyn - Burn Another Candle

Jenni Lyn - Burn Another Candle

Jenni Lyn Gardner, an original member of the Grammy nominated super group Della Mae has announced the release of Burn Another Candle, her first solo recording.

Jenni Lyn is featured on lead vocals and mandolin with support from Kyle Tuttle (banjo, electric banjo, vocals), Frank Rische (guitar, electric guitar, vocals), and Mike Bub (bass, vocals) on all tracks except "Stars," which features members of Grammy nominated super group, Della Mae.

About the project, Jenni told us, "I produced the album myself, and wrote 8 out of the 12 songs on it. We started recording in January of 2016, and didn't finish until August, because I was so busy touring with Della Mae. I would get home and go straight in to the studio to finish tracks or start new ones. With this being my first solo album, I wanted to share more about myself than I have on anything before. The songs are a direct reflection of my childhood, and who I am today. I believe that we should all have the right to follow our dreams. I feel lucky to have gotten to do so with Burn Another Candle."

Tracks

• Stronger
    • Hickory Holler
    • You Don't Love Me (Like You Use To)
    • Burn Another Candle at Both Ends
    • Runnin' From The Law
    • Only Turned You Down
    • Tell Me
    • Can We Find Forgiveness?
    • Are You Ok Alone?
    • Don't Cry Little Girl
    • Long, Long Gone
    • Stars

Additional Information

Comments 12 Comments
      Sakamichi -
      I'm more of a classical fan, but I have no problems enjoying Jenni Lyn's playing.
      CHASAX -
      The mandolin over the banjo is superb.
      Bill Kammerzell -
      Headstock looks like it reads Chestnut? Is that a Jennings Chestnut she's holding? Thought she played a Randy Wood? Have not seen a Jennings Chestnut for about 30 years. Weren't a lot of those made. He built mostly to order.
      JeffD -
      She is really great. Another success trajectory from family band and bluegrass festival to Della Mae and the world stage (let us hope).

When I first heard of her it was the association of her name with the famous fiddle tunes, the Jenny Lind Polka, Jenny Lind Reel, and Jenny Lynn the fiddle tune Bill Monroe got from his Uncle Pen.
      Russ Jordan -
      Quote Originally Posted by willkamm View Post
      Headstock looks like it reads Chestnut? Is that a Jennings Chestnut she's holding? Thought she played a Randy Wood? Have not seen a Jennings Chestnut for about 30 years. Weren't a lot of those made. He built mostly to order.
      Jenni Lyn grew up in the same town that Jennings Chestnut had his shop in. I believe she had that mandolin as a teenager.
      Bill Kammerzell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jordan View Post
      Jenni Lyn grew up in the same town that Jennings Chestnut had his shop in. I believe she had that mandolin as a teenager.
      Just looked it up. You are correct. Conway, SC. Horry county. I lived in the next county south of there. Wasn't too far of a ride. That makes sense.
      Russ Jordan -
      Just looked it up. You are correct. Conway, SC. Horry county. I lived in the next county south of there. Wasn't too far of a ride. That makes sense.
      Did you live in Georgetown? I have spent time around there myself
      Bill Kammerzell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jordan View Post
      Did you live in Georgetown? I have spent time around there myself
      No sir. Lived about 10 miles north of Georgetown. Just up the coast on 17. Pawley's Island, mainland side. The Waccamaw Neck. Walking distance to the intercostal waterway (Waccamaw River). We still vacation there, nearly every year. Love that area.
      Sakamichi -
      No sir. Lived about 10 miles north of Georgetown. Just up the coast on 17. Pawley's Island, mainland side. The Waccamaw Neck. Walking distance to the intercostal waterway (Waccamaw River). We still vacation there, nearly every year. Love that area.
      I lived in Columbia and vacationed a few times on Pawley's Island. It was my second favorite place next to Tybee.
      Bill Kammerzell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sakamichi View Post
      I lived in Columbia and vacationed a few times on Pawley's Island. It was my second favorite place next to Tybee.
      We went to Tybee a few times. Very nice. Daughter spent last two years of college in Savannah.
      Billgrass -
      I was lucky enough to catch Jenni at Huck Finn with Della Mae. Had the chance to chat with her. What a player and what a nice young woman as well!
      mcbrinitzer -
      When Della Mae came to the Palms in Winters, CA a year or so ago, she was playing a Randy Wood. I only know because I asked 😊