• New Music from The Gibson Brothers - In The Ground

The Gibson Brothers - In The Ground

The Gibson Brothers have announced the release of their newest project entitled In The Ground.

Their brand of bluegrass is a visceral mix of heritage and soaring harmony, making them the premiere brother duet of the genre, following in the footsteps of legendary brother acts such as the Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, and the Osborne Brothers.

Their first-ever album of entirely original songs, In the Ground sees the the Brothers taking on their own roots as the sixth generation of Gibsons to grow up on their family farm.

The two-time International Bluegrass Music Association Entertainers of the Year follow up their stellar, 5-times nominated tribute to brother harmonies, Brotherhood, with this latest effort, which digs even deeper into their commitment to family and their history.

The themes come from the farm, their childhood, and the region in which they were raised. One can hear their dedication to the songs, from the lighthearted to the profound; in the modernity of the lyrics, matched with a virtuosity that feels somehow both traditional and revelatory.

Featuring celebrated, award-winning Dobro player Rob Ickes and two-time IBMA Mandolin Player of the Year Jesse Brock, In the Ground reaches into new territory for the Gibson Brothers as they reflect on their past.

Additional Information

The Gibson Brothers
    Comments 6 Comments
      Mandolin Cafe -
      Mandolin Cafe doesn't typically feature new bluegrass band releases but we have a real soft spot in our heart for the playing of Jesse Brock which never receives enough attention (our opinion). Brilliant musician. No instrumental cuts but listen to the entire album of fresh new grass here and it's an education in musicianship.
      mandolin74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Mandolin Cafe doesn't typically feature new bluegrass band releases but we have a real soft spot in our heart for the playing of Jesse Brock which never receives enough attention (our opinion). Brilliant musician. No instrumental cuts but listen to the entire album of fresh new grass here and it's an education in musicianship.
      I couldn't agree more! Jesse is indeed a brilliant musician, and really happy to see them with my old bandmates.
      GreenMTBoy -
      Totally agree , Jesse Brock is so so good
      Drew Egerton -
      Definitely wish Jesse got some more recognition. I understand the Gibson's have the whole brother tradition thing going, but the rest of the band is pretty killer too.
      I saw them in Myrtle Beach SC last year and both their sets were great, but it was Jesse that stole the show for me.

He was nice enough to also autograph my Mandolin Cafe hat to go along with Bibey, Steffey, Bush, McCoury and Roberts.
      Marcus CA -
      Great musician and great person! Jesse is always gracious and appreciative.
      tpeters -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
      Update from the field: The Gibson Brothers played Oneonta NY last night. Due to a recent blizzard, the house was barely half full, but the Gibsons were throughly professional, affecting, and entertaining, as always. Still, Jesse Brock stole the show. His playing is astounding - the clarity, precision, speed, and tastefulness of his playing were stunning, song after song. I'm not sure he ever plays open strings. Despite the smallish audience, he was at the top of his game, and as far as I could tell, thoroughly enjoying himself. On a related note, rest in peace Junior Barber, original member of the band, father of bassist Mike Barber, and a terrific Dobro player.