• Win a Chance at $5,000 Towards a Custom Weber

Bend, Or. — Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments, known for its high attention to detail and the uniqueness of its instruments, is offering you the chance to win the opportunity to design your own custom instrument.

Just fill out their survey by May 31 and you’re in the running. One lucky musician will be selected to have their dream acoustic instrument become a reality!

"I have always been inspired by players of all styles and experience levels," explains Bruce Weber Jr. "We love building one-of-a kind, heirloom instruments, that let the player show off their individuality!"

The winner will receive up to $5,000 credit toward the customized instrument. Check out the full details, including rules and regulations posted on their web site before entering.

Additional information

Comments 33 Comments
      Tobin -
      When I follow the links, it says the survey is closed.

???
      George R. Lane -
      I had no problems with the links. Maybe they decided to close it after I filled out the survey and will declare me the winner.
      Sweetpea44 -
      Thanks for sharing! I just entered!
      soliver -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tobin View Post
      When I follow the links, it says the survey is closed.

???
      I thought so too, but the survey is the list of questions to help you "build a custom Mandolin"... I thought you had to finish that part then you'd be allowed to enter the survey, but it turned out that it WAS the survey.
      Tommcgtx -
      Yeah, I don't get a list of questions. I click the link, and it says:

"This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance."
      bigskygirl -
      Survey is not working properly on iPad.
      spufman -
      Scrolling through the questions was a little funky, but it did work. I thought I was done, then clicked and got the 'closed' message. There were more questions down further in the frame.
      Tommcgtx -
      I was able to complete the survey finally. If you click on the link and it works properly, the survey will open up in the same page. If not, it will open a new tab in your browser with the "Survey Closed" message. I tried at least a dozen or so times and it just worked one of them. So keep trying, hopefully someone will diagnose the issue and fix it.
      soliver -
      I can't help but wonder:

They say you win up to a $5000 credit towards a custom Mando; does that mean that with all of the goodies you can add when you "build your own custom" it will only total $5000 or if you win, do you have to pay the remainder if your custom costs more than $5000...

Just curiously thinking out loud.
      Tobin -
      It worked for me just now.
      chasray -
      I take it if your custom order totals $10,000, you can get it for $5000.
      BrianWilliam -
      Worked for me on my iPhone.
      Tobin -
      Quote Originally Posted by soliver View Post
      I can't help but wonder:

They say you win up to a $5000 credit towards a custom Mando; does that mean that with all of the goodies you can add when you "build your own custom" it will only total $5000 or if you win, do you have to pay the remainder if your custom costs more than $5000...

It reads that you can win $5000 credit towards a custom build. That means that with whatever options you choose, whatever the price would normally be for that build, you pay $5000 less than that.
      Weber Mandolins -
      We apologize for the confusion here folks. We just learned that the embedded code does NOT work on mobile devices or tablets. The links have been updated on our website however and are functioning. Thank you very much for your patience! http://webermandolins.com/about/promotions
      MillerRat -
      Quote Originally Posted by soliver View Post
      I can't help but wonder:

That's how I understood it. Mine came in at $5,001
      Jim Garber -
      Very strange. I got to the end then Survey Monkey asked me how I want to help my customers with a survey. I am not even sure that my survey went through. Also, I did find it odd that the survey was asking what custom instrument I wanted. I thought it would just be a survey about me for info that would help Weber with its customer base.

Perhaps it might be better to have something like that and then give the winner options to pick out his/her custom instrument.
      MikeEdgerton -
      The Survey Monkey sales thing at the end is confusing. Even though I'd already put in my e-mail address it kept asking for it again and again. There appears to be some other issues here on the Survey Monkey side of things.
      soliver -
      Quote Originally Posted by MillerRat View Post
      That's how I understood it. Mine came in at $5,001
      Interesting... I didn't see a total of how much the instrument was after I finished.... Where'd you see that?
      Bigtuna -
      No GBOM option? Maybe they will still make me one!
      scapier -
      Canadians not eligible, which is kinda poopy.