• ArtistWorks Launches Caterina Lichtenberg's School of Classical Mandolin

Caterina Lichtenberg's highly anticipated School of Classical Mandolin launched today.

Napa, Calif. — Mandolin virtuoso Caterina Lichtenberg teams up with ArtistWorks this week to launch online music lessons a year in the making. After seeing the popularity of bluegrass mandolin lessons surpass expectations, ArtistWorks made the decision to bring in one of the world's most sought-after mandolinists, to expand the genre to meet the needs of students. Widely considered the best mandolinist alive today, Caterina Lichtenberg will now offer aspiring musicians lessons geared towards all levels and abilities on ArtistWorks.com.

Revered throughout the world, Lichtenberg's tour schedule has taken her through the US, Canada, Europe, Mongolia and Japan. Her global perspective and love for the European classical style of mandolin translates beautifully into the online lessons she's poured her heart and soul into. From arpeggios to cross-picking to tremolo, Lichtenberg's lesson content is all encompassing.

"Each year we survey our online community to learn what they'd like to see offered. Last year, the request was for classical mandolin, so we got the very best. Mandolin doesn't get any better than Mike Marshall for bluegrass mandolin, and Caterina Lichtenberg for classical."

The ArtistWorks Video Exchange® platform harnesses the power of the internet while preserving and enhancing the peer-to-peer learning benefits of classroom instruction. ArtistWorks learners submit video exchanges for personalized review and feedback. By submitting videos, learners benefit from personal feedback from the online teacher, and just as importantly, increase the instructional curriculum available to all.

About ArtistWorks, Inc.

In 2008, former AOL executive technologist David Butler set out to finally master jazz guitar. With no acceptable teachers in his area, he built a revolutionary online system to enable anyone to get direct feedback from a master teacher anywhere in the world. Founded by David and former financial executive Patricia Butler, ArtistWorks, Inc. is the leader in a new generation of online learning platforms. This patented Video Exchange® Learning platform enables world-renowned artists and musicians to "teach the world" by presenting their artistic legacy in the form of HD video lessons and direct feedback to subscribing students - creating an innovative, two-way online learning experience. For more information, visit ArtistWorks.com.

Additional information

Comments 11 Comments
      Mike Marshall -
      I am VERY excited about Caterina's on-line teaching school.
      It is without a doubt the most comprehensive classical mandolin curriculum that I have ever seen. She has condensed 300 years of mandolin history, techniques and repertoire into her lessons here with all of the great mandolin methods from the past represented. There are over 100 videos of her demonstrating these pieces and technical exercises. Plus many of them are duets so you get to play along with Caterina's backing track.
      She has an easy to follow method that really steps you through from the very beginning. In short, it's an historic moment for classical mandolin education.
      CHASAX -
      Wonder when the notices of starting will be sent?
      JeffD -
      Boy I am really seriously thinking of going for this. In my pursuit of classical, I am finding that the recommendations of a "coach" would sure be helpful. And, as classical is a new direction for me, I am sure there is a lot in the way of exercises and technique I might be pursing a little more rigorously.
      ArtistWorks -
      Hey CHASAX,

The school is open as of last Tuesday. Not sure how you missed the announcement but you can join or access lessons now. Enjoy!

I'm personally really enjoying studying with Caterina.

Dorothy
      aiorr -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
      Boy I am really seriously thinking of going for this. In my pursuit of classical, I am finding that the recommendations of a "coach" would sure be helpful. And, as classical is a new direction for me, I am sure there is a lot in the way of exercises and technique I might be pursing a little more rigorously.
      Hey, did you ever try the ArtistWorks course? Is the format helpful or conducive to learning? I'd love to hear your input. Thanks!
      JeffD -
      Quote Originally Posted by aiorr View Post
      Hey, did you ever try the ArtistWorks course? Is the format helpful or conducive to learning? I'd love to hear your input. Thanks!
      No I haven't. Life got in the way this last year. (Oh boy did it.) We'll see. I still think it would really help me.
      ArtistWorks -
      Hey aiorr,

If you're moved to give Caterina's course a try, please use this code on checkout to get 4 months for the price of 3:
      FOUR4THREE

Enjoy!
      JFDilmando -
      I don't get it.... this class of hers has been up and running for the better part of a year now....
      Stacey Morris -
      I am not an ArtistWorks subscriber, but I think it is fantastic that all of us out here in the hinterlands can actually study under some of the world's greatest mandolin players. What an amazing thing! Technology has improved our lives in a lot of ways. Just a few years ago, that would not have been possible, let alone for such a great price. Thank you ArtistWorks for implementing a great idea.
      JH Murray -
      I did a month of Artist Works with Caterina. I covered all the beginner section. It was very helpful to develop my technique. I didn't submit a video, but I did watch the other students' submissions and her responses. I got a full months' worth of material I am still working on for $30. Well worth it.
      ArtistWorks -
      Yep, we're pretty passionate about making quality music lessons available to people far and wide and building this robust online community. It's part of why we get so excited about what we do here!

FYI: today we're having a 20% off sale in honor of the Grammy's. Use promo code: GRAMMY20 at checkout to take advantage.

We'd love to see you all online!