• Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen in a Special Benefit Concert

Frank Solivan and DIrty KitchenMorristown, N.J. — Grammy nominated and IBMA Award winning Bluegrass Band Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen will appear in a special concert fund-raiser for One World Woman's Health and Africa Surgery, Inc., both 501c3 nonprofit organizations whose goals are to provide health and surgical services to the people of Sierra Leone, West Africa.

Sierra Leone is one of the poorest countries in the world, was ravaged by a prolonged civil war and recently was one of the hot beds of the Ebola outbreak.

The concert will be held 8:00 p.m., Friday October 23, 2015 at Assumption Church, 91 Maple Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960.

General admission tickets are available for purchase online (see link below) or on the night of the concert at the venue from 7:00 to 7:45 p.m. for $35.00.

Assumption church is an intimate venue, housed in a beautifully decorated American gothic church completed in 1873. The church was built by the Irish immigrants living in what was then the "Little Dublin" area of Morristown. The acoustics of the church are fantastic with warm rich tones in the well-aged wood and brick structure.

About Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen

With their latest release Cold Spell landing a 2015 GRAMMY Nomination for Best Bluegrass Album followed by an eight award sweep at the 2015 WAMMIES, Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen, IBMA's 2014 Instrumental Group of the Year, can't slow down! Since Frank Solivan left the cold climes of Alaska for the bluegrass hotbed of Washington, D.C., he's built a reputation as a monster mandolinist — and become a major festival attraction with Dirty Kitchen. Solivan, with banjoist Mike Munford, 2013 IBMA Banjo Player of the Year, award winning guitarist Chris Luquette and doghouse bassist Dan Booth have been named Washington Area Music Association's Best Bluegrass Band of the Year for four consecutive years.

Additional information

Comments 2 Comments
      outsidenote -
      Wish I was in the area. What a great band and a worthy cause.
      eadg145 -
      Quote Originally Posted by outsidenote View Post
      Wish I was in the area. What a great band and a worthy cause.
      Yeah. That would be a great show to see. They ought to stream it via Concert Window for extra exposure/donations. I don't know if Concert Window is set up for benefit shows, but I'll bet it would be easy to do.