View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. John Prine - That's The Way The World Goes Round

Hey guys!

I'm not much of a singer but I thought you guys may enjoy this. I was working on some John Prine this week and couldn't help myself.

Cheers!
  2. Mandolin Mondays #202 w/ Special Guest Andy Leftwich

This week on Mandolin Mondays, the amazing Andy Leftwich, formerly from Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, plays the heck out of this Texas-style fiddle tune on his 1999 Gilchrist mandolin.

Andy is a 4-time Grammy-winning multi-instrumentalist from Tennessee. Although primarily known for his fiddle playing, Andy has carved out a space for himself in the mandolin world as well. In addition to his 15-year tenure playing fiddle ...

Updated Nov-12-2019 at 7:55am by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mandolin Mondays #204 w/ Special Guest Jesper Rübner-Petersen

This week on Mandolin Mondays, Mel Bay Mandolin Author and European Mandolin guru Jesper Rübner-Petersen gives us a unique take on some fiddle tune classics played with his Bruce Weber signed 1996 F5L Gibson mandolin.

Jesper Rübner-Petersen was born in Aarhus, Denmark, where he grew up with bluegrass and acoustic music from his banjo-playing father. At the age of 12 Jesper began playing the guitar and very soon was playing ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #209 w/ Special Guest Nate Burie

Nashville-based young mandolinist Nate Burie finishes off this year of Mandolin Mondays with a classic fiddle tune played on his custom Sorensen "Pacifica" model by the name of "Lu."

Nate Burie is a young mandolin star on the rise. Originally from Wisconsin, he got his start at the age of 9 playing with his siblings in The Burie Family band. Over the many years of playing music with ...
  5. Mandolin Mondays #212 w/ Special Guest John Cloyd Miller

This week on Mandolin Mondays John Cloyd Miller of the NC, duo Zoe & Cloyd brings us a bit of klezmer-grass played on his The Bluegrass mandolin.

John, a twelfth generation North Carolinian and grandson of pioneering bluegrass fiddler, Jim Shumate, is a 1st place winner of the prestigious Chris Austin Songwriting Contest as well as an Artist Fellowship recipient for songwriting from the North Carolina ...
  6. Mandolin Mondays #213 w/ Special Guest Radim Zenkl

Make way for the Czech Republic Mandolin Legend Radim Zenkl! Check out this jaw dropping original composition played on his Custom Capek wide-neck F5 mandolin. Radim uses his own unique technique here, the "Zenkl style," in which he uses two fingerpicks, enabling him to play both the tremolo melody and crosspicking accompaniment. Hard to believe all that sound is coming from one guy!

Radim comes ...
  7. Mandolin Mondays #221 w/ Special Guest Caleb Lindsey

Caleb Lindsey of the Lindsey Family band joins us this week on Mandolin Mondays for a few passes on the old "Panhandle Rag" with his trusty Weber Bitterroot F model.

Caleb began playing guitar at age six and mandolin a few years later. Mandolin has become his featured instrument. He's played with his family in the Lindsey Family Band since the beginning, and since then they've released a host of studio albums and made appearances ...
  8. Mandolin Mondays #226 w/ Special Guest Josh Pinkham

Kittel & Co mandolin monster Josh Pinkham blows this Charlie Parker number out of the water with some crazy metronome antics this week on Mandolin Mondays. That is quite the Red Diamond axe to boot!

Josh has been a recognized mandolinist since a very young age. A quick search or youtube will find a young Josh on stage with David Grisman, Mike Marshall, and Chris Thile. Now Josh continues to make a ...
  9. Mandolin Mondays #231 /// "Wildwood Flower"

Hey folks! Happy Mandolin Mondays! I just launched a new Patreon page and, and decided to celebrate with a little "Wildwood Flower."

You can expect a lot more videos like this to come! Head over to my Patreon page to get the tab/notation transcription of this performance and a bunch more weekly mandolin content: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MM Thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	11223 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	186421

Also, ...
  10. Mandolin Mondays #237 w/ Special Guest Jacob Matthess

UK mandolinist and master illustrator Jacob Matthess joins us this week on Mandolin Mondays for an impressive take on Andy Irvine with this Irish medley played on Jacob's powerful Krishot F5 Fern built by Eduard Kristufek in 2002.

Jacob grew up in Northern Ireland and the States, but now lives in Glasgow, Scotland while finishing his university degree. He is not only an incredible musician but has become ...