View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Mandolin Mondays #139 w/ Special Guest Aaron Ramsey

Mountain Heart mandolinist Aaron Ramsey is our guest this week on Mandolin Mondays. "Redwing" never sounded so good as played by Aaron on his trusty Northfield mandolin.

Based in North Carolina, Aaron has been a part of many bluegrass all-star projects over the years. One of my personal favorites is the all instrumental album Section House. https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/SectionHouse

Additionally, ...
  2. Happy Ranger Owner, home on leave, wrote a nice review- Update

A little update as the first Cherry Ranger went out today- sounds fantastic! Just thought some might be interested in these woods that are a bit different.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2308sm.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	276.1 KB 
ID:	170863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2306sm.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	170864
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2302sm.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	170865

Thanks, NP!

I love my Ranger! I upgraded to the walnut with radiused ebony fretboard. From the start I was blown away with how great it looked and sounded! You can’t beat its size and portability as ...

Updated Sep-07-2018 at 5:20pm by Mary Weber

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mandolin Mondays #138 w. Special Guest Daniel Portalès

This week we have another great international picker! French mandolinist Daniel Portalès joins us on Mandolin Mondays for an original tune played on his 2003 MF5 Collings mandolin.

Daniel has a brand new album out with Bernard Minari under the name Mando Duo. The album features a collection of compelling music ranging from Ragtime to Brazilian Choro, to Irish, to bluegrass. Check it out here: https://duomando.wixsite.com/mandoduo/music-video ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mandolin Mondays #137 w/ Special Guest Magnus Zetterlund

This week on Mandolin Mondays we have a special guest all the way from Sweden! Check out Magnus Zetterlund playing this beautiful traditional Swedish tune on his toneful Phoenix 2-point mandolin.

In 2007, Magnus became the first Swedish mandolinist to graduate from higher education when he completed his studies at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm and the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki. Today he teaches mandolin and guitar ...
  5. Mandolin Mondays #136 w/ Special Guest Charlotte Carrivick

Mandolin Mondays #136: The great UK multi-instrumentalist Charlotte Carrivick sends us a lovely chord melody arrangement of an old swing number played on her amazing mandolin built by Czech luthier Eduard Krištůfek.

Charlotte has been at the head of the UK bluegrass and acoustic music scene for some time now. Though guitar is her main instrument, she is talented at everything from mandolin to trumpet. She's a core part of ...