View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Snow removal in Waukesha county

Cleaning roofs and snow plowing - this is the main seasonal activity of our company. Snow removing from the roof - seasonal field for industrial climbers of our company, significant staff which allows us to clean the roof.

The cost of snow removal in Waukesha http://mkelandscape.com/snow-removal...moval-waukesha is dependent on the frequency of snow removal and roof area roofs. Flexible pricing discounts and rates for snow removal, taking into account the architectural features ...

Updated Sep-06-2014 at 1:27pm by milwaukeer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Tim OŽBrien - Pretty Fair Maid in the Garden

Hello,

iŽm searching for the mandolin tabs or keys for the song of tim OŽBrien - Pretty Fair Maid in the Garden.
    I heard a versioin of Sierra Hull and it was amazing.

It would be nice if anyone has an idea where i can get them or if anyone could send them to me.

Thanks.

Best,
    Franz
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Bi-monthly FREE transcriptions

Every month I offer two transcriptions for free. January 2014's first transcription will be Jethro Burns's version of Corrina Corrina. For more info subscribe to this blog. I'll be posting the transcriptions around the 10th and 20th of every month.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is 2014 The Year of the Mandolin in Classical Music?

We howled with approval when UK-based author, novelist, broadcaster, cultural commentator Norman Lebrecht observed on his popular blog that 2014 could be The Year of the Mandolin in classical music.

inline imageHe might be onto something, and he's clearly no stranger to the instrument.

"Classical music needs new voices. In 2014, the big noise could well be the mandolin," he wrote, posting links to ...

Updated Dec-22-2014 at 10:25am by Scott Tichenor (correcting some broken links)

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments
  5. The 12 Best Sessions of 2013 and a Weird Old Trick

It seems the internet is full of eye catching headlines, just waiting to be linked into Facebook. The 20 dirtiest puppies, the 14 cutest baby animals, 17 ways to prevent aging. Cure eczema, scrofula, or boils with this weird old trick.

And its only natural, at the end of the year, to come up with lists of the best of this and the best of that. So I offer the 12 best sessions of 2013. They were held in my living room, once a month, all this last year.

The first Tuesday ...

Updated Aug-21-2014 at 10:46am by JeffD

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Peugeot begin to design musical instruments

Sorry for my English, its not my native language. Any comments are welcome!

The Peugeot Design lab http://www.peugeotdesignlab.com/ and the famous piano manufacturer Pleyel - introduced a revolutionary design for new piano model.

In 2011, one of the designers of the Peugeot Design Lab suggested labs to contact the piano manufacturer Pleyel with the idea of creating the perfect innovative products.

"This proposal meets the principles of the company's ...

Updated Sep-06-2014 at 1:40pm by Elen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Mandolin Cafe 2013 In Review

January - Gruhn Guitars of Nashville announced they were moving out of their famed downtown Nashville location, a change that would eventually involve long-time mainstays Walter and Christie Carter leaving and opening Carter Vintage Guitars in direct competition with their previous employer.

inline imageWe celebrated the three Grammy nominations for our friends in the Modern Mandolin Quartet and their groundbreaking recording Americana ...

Updated Dec-16-2013 at 2:49pm by Scott Tichenor

Categories
    General Mandolin Comments
  8. Looking for advise or thoughts on mandolin pickups.

Hello there.

I have had a Tonewood AM-100 for a few years now but have only started getting into mandolin as of lately and I am loving the mandolin

I was just wondering if it would be worth putting a pick up on to it and what would be my best option if worth doing.

Thanks, Ben
  9. Looking for imfomation on Banjolins

G'day PPL
    I have just recently bought two Banjolins (they have both got a lion on the top of the head saying British Made)One has got the british made hard case(this one just needs restringing)They have different a shape at the top one is straight and one is curved on the sides,wondering if anyone knows how much these are worth ??One of them needs a complete refurbish.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Guitar Upgrade (?)

I continue to play my Guild D25 which I bought at Boston Music Co. back in '71. It's been a wonderful guitar with low action and nice deep tone - I use medium strings, the suggested size is light which I've found to a bit too tinny for the kinds of music I play -

It's in need of a pretty good all-around tuning, in particular the tuning machines which I'm sure everyone can imagine are in worn condition - the gears are worn smooth on a few of the heads which make the guitar difficult ...